Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Protect Your Daughters From Internet Bullying

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

It seems that everyday I read something new about some form of bullying via social networking and the internet.

How do you protect your daughter from bullying on places sites like instagram, facebook and twitter?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Im friends with her on them. Also have her password and she knows that dad or I can pop in at anytime. 

SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Yesterday at 11:08 AM
by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I just read one in Confessions about how a mom caught her 16-year-old DD sending nude pics and how the girl's boyfriend is showing everyone in school!

OMG. I want DD to stay 3 forever.

Seriously, though, it's all about self-esteem and just laying that foundation for our daughters.

slightlyperfect

Rushn311
by Cindy on Sep. 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM

education

dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 28, 2012 at 5:46 PM

My youngest dd is on fabebook and I am one of her friends on there. I'm also friends with my niece and help keep track of her because her dad (my brother) is not.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM

You have to become friends with them, you have to ask pertinent questions about where they go and who is talking to them, you have educate them on the signs of bullying, you have to build character and self-confidence. As you do these things while they are growing up, you instill in them deep abiding values that are rich in these characteristics. 

undefined

LOswald0314
by Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

My DD is not old enough yet, but we'll talk about it and I will heavily monitor that stuff until I can't anymore! 

BabyTeki
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM
I plan on keeping a close eye on her, checking it myself periodically, making sure I have passwords
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Mine are not on yet, but I will definitely follow everyone else's example and keep an eye on what she is doing.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Mine are 3 and 1. So we don't have to worry about it yet. When they get older they will be supervised while using the computer.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I friend her and check up on what's going on, and we talk about all the possibilities. Being aware and communicating helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN