Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a woman......

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

Has the views of the candidates, in terms of womens rights, changed your decision on your vote?

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Sep. 29, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Nope 

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Not really. :)  

TurboMom81
I realize that I will never get back to my original weight. I am okay with that. Besides 9 pounds 9 ounces just isn't realistic. ;-) Saw that on a t-shirt and loved it! LOL
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I am 120% against abortion. So... But that being said, there isn't a whole lot the president does one way or the other about "women's" rights. I care more about the economy right now. And I don't feel that either candidate are a good choice.

SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
30 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I remember in 2008 hearing people talk about "women's rights," and it really ate at me. You're right. There is very little a president can do in that respect. But what do you mean you're "against" abortion? Like, against the "idea," or do you think the government should have the authority to force pregnant women to carry every pregnancy to term?

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I am 120% against abortion. So... But that being said, there isn't a whole lot the president does one way or the other about "women's" rights. I care more about the economy right now. And I don't feel that either candidate are a good choice.

slightlyperfect

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I do not believe murder should be legal. There is no reason why killing a baby is ever justified. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you were raped and became pregnant, killing the baby wouldn't make it all better. And SOOOO many women use abortion as birth control instead of being responsible with their bodies and sex. My mother in law has had at LEAST 6 abortions and 5 live children by 3 different fathers. 

Shouldn't the rights of children be defended as much as the rights of women?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I remember in 2008 hearing people talk about "women's rights," and it really ate at me. You're right. There is very little a president can do in that respect. But what do you mean you're "against" abortion? Like, against the "idea," or do you think the government should have the authority to force pregnant women to carry every pregnancy to term?

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

SlightlyPerfect
30 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I was just wondering. I mean, I don't want to get into debates about legal terms like "murder" and "rights." I know people will vote how they want to vote. I'm just interested, particularly during this election, why people vote the way they do. 

In fact, you inspired me to ask the group!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I do not believe murder should be legal. There is no reason why killing a baby is ever justified. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you were raped and became pregnant, killing the baby wouldn't make it all better. And SOOOO many women use abortion as birth control instead of being responsible with their bodies and sex. My mother in law has had at LEAST 6 abortions and 5 live children by 3 different fathers. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

slightlyperfect

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Oh gosh, why do people vote the way they do. That is a question I have no idea how to answer. I find it really interesting how fired up people on both sides get. I mean I have several liberal "friends" who have said some horrible nasty things about Romney and anyone who isn't liberal. Many have even gone as far as to tell anyone who is a republican to F off and unfriend them because they don't want to be friends with anyone who could be so unintelligent. I don't like either candidate, as I said, but I don't see what it is about either of them that could get people so fired up in their favor. 

Even as a Christian, I won't vote for or against any candidate just because of their views on abortion. It's something that is important to me personally but not politically and I can agree on many other aspects of politics with people but still disagree about abortion or a few other things. Not everyone has to see eye to eye. I wish more people got that.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I was just wondering. I mean, I don't want to get into debates about legal terms like "murder" and "rights." I know people will vote how they want to vote. I'm just interested, particularly during this election, why people vote the way they do. 

In fact, you inspired me to ask the group!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

SlightlyPerfect
30 minutes ago
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Well, to be candid, it's one thing for people to agree to disagree. It's another thing entirely for people to agree to disagree about, like, facts.

What do you think is the difference between the "political" and the "personal"? And does that show through at all when someone votes?

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Oh gosh, why do people vote the way they do. That is a question I have no idea how to answer. I find it really interesting how fired up people on both sides get. I mean I have several liberal "friends" who have said some horrible nasty things about Romney and anyone who isn't liberal. Many have even gone as far as to tell anyone who is a republican to F off and unfriend them because they don't want to be friends with anyone who could be so unintelligent. I don't like either candidate, as I said, but I don't see what it is about either of them that could get people so fired up in their favor. 

Even as a Christian, I won't vote for or against any candidate just because of their views on abortion. It's something that is important to me personally but not politically and I can agree on many other aspects of politics with people but still disagree about abortion or a few other things. Not everyone has to see eye to eye. I wish more people got that.

slightlyperfect

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I completely agree with you about the facts part. Some people are just blind to facts and only hear what they want to unfortunately. 

For me, the difference between the political and the personal is that I compromise some of my values and desires for the few more important ones when it comes to politics and voting. I won't do that in my personal life. 

Voting is a totally different story. I know what I want and believe should be done in politics. But I can't always vote how I want to because of the lack of choices to vote for. For instance, I wanted to vote for Ron Paul. There were a few things that I didn't agree with him completely on. And there were a few things that I didn't really care either way about. But the overall direction I felt he would take the country was what mattered. BUT, as you know, I can't vote for him. So I have to decide which values are most important to me personally and which ones can translate into politics AND be modeled by either candidate. I have to decide who I could live with easier. Or if I should even vote at all since it is just a "lesser of two evils" scenario.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Well, to be candid, it's one thing for people to agree to disagree. it's another thing entirely for people to agree to disagree about, like, facts.

What do you think is the difference between the "political" and the "personal"? And does that show through at all when someone votes?

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)