Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Period Story

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:40 PM
  • 15 Replies

When did you get your first period?

What happened (besides the obvious)?

How did you react? How did your parents and other important people in your life react?

How did you feel?

What do you hope will be your daughter's experience? (Or, if your daughter already got her period, how did it go?)

slightlyperfect

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Cindy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Quoting SlightlyP erfect:

When did you get your first period?12

What happened (besides the obvious)?I started bleeding  in 7th grade social studies. It leaked onto my  sweater and my two friends noticed. Thankfully they didn't blurt it out.

How did you react? How did your parents and other important people in your life react?My mom was actually dying at  that time, and  I was too shy to tell my Dad. I  told no one actually.

How did you feel? nervous

What do you hope will be your daughter's experience? (Or, if your daughter already got her period, how did it go?) I have educated my daughter. My mom did too when I was 11, but when it came time for it, I  was a wreck and had no pads. I just hope she remembers the advice I told her.

KaylaMillar
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I remember it perfectly. I was in 6th grade and my stomach was cramping. I went to the bathroom and blood was everywhere. I had no idea what was going on. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I got mine at 12. It was a normal period I had been told about. I was not scared or anything,told my Mom and she got me what I needed.

kellynh
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I was 10, totally unprepared except for the school video. It was embarrassing and awful... Because of that... I really make it special for my girls
SlightlyPerfect
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I was unprepared, too! I mean, I knew it was coming at some point, but I thought "period" meant, like, a tiny dot, not a flood!

Quoting kellynh:

I was 10, totally unprepared except for the school video. It was embarrassing and awful... Because of that... I really make it special for my girls

slightlyperfect

.Angelica.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

lol at the cake. i was 12 and remember playing outside with my sister. my stomach started hurting so i ran to the bathroom and there it was :(

LOswald0314
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I was 10, and my parents had no reaction.  I felt really alone and akward.  I will make it a bigger deal for my DD as far as talking to her, teaching to take care of herself, etc.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I was 11. My older sister started at 9, so I was prepared. I was home, went into the bathroom, there it was. I remember putting on a pad, then running up and down the street yelling inside my head, "I'm a woman!". lol

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

She was prepared, but when it happened, she  was home with dad and had no pads. She had used them all "practicing".  She asked me to call him because she didn't want to tell him. So I did, he went out and got her pads, and a red rose, and then made her a pot of tea.

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I was 10 came hone from school went potty and in the undies. Stayed home from school for 9 days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN