Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A great message to our girls

Posted by   + Show Post

I saw this on GMA this morning and thought it was a great message for our girls and have posted it in another group already. It definitely needs to be shared.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
slw123
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I love it!

.Angelica.
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM

tfs

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I saw this and thought good for her! 

LOswald0314
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Love this!

SlightlyPerfect
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Does anyone know why her producer allowed time to be taken up for this, and why her co-worker husband was allowed to make this e-mail public? I know this is local news. I know this is a human-interest story. I also understand the ever-growing issue of bullying and the need to report on that, and I can (somewhat) appreciate the message this reporter is sending, but I don't understand why a producer would allow the fourth wall to come down on his/her news broadcast and put this reporter in this position. 

slightlyperfect

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I saw this too.  Good for her to stand up to this viewer. 

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I love that quote. 

Quoting TurboMom81:

Very true.  Which is kind of why I love this quote so much:

Speaks volumes!

Quoting on_the_beach:

I have to wonder what he looks like. Sometimes those who are the meanest are the ones who seem themselves in you. 

Quoting TurboMom81:

Bet that guy wishes he could crawl under a rock somewhere!

As a bigger woman myself, I get a lot of that crap too. My first boyfriend made fun of for being fat.  It stings and sticks with you.  Unfortunately, I'm not as tough I she is.  I wish I was.

Quoting on_the_beach:

Quoting TurboMom81:

LOL I was just about to share this!  

She is one tough lady!

She is awesome and you know what? As much as I hate bullying, I love that it took bullying for her to do this. That one email had more impact than that guy ever thought it would. POSITIVE impact. 

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I saw this in another group. It is very moving!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:22 AM

You know, I can appreciate both sides of this. I commend her for standing up. But the guy makes a good point. Not that he had ANY right to do what he did, nor was it ok. How come we as a society are so against the skinny unhealthy role models right now but not the fat ones? Shows like drop dead diva and others who portray the over weight person as the role model are just as bad. It isn't ok or good to be fat. It's just as bad as being skinny. And in some ways as bad as smoking and doing some drugs. It does just as much damage to your body. 

mrswillie
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I saw this yesterday and loved it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN