Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why & How: Politics 2012

SlightlyPerfect
A party every day this weekend. I can't wait for fall and a freed-up calendar.
Today at 9:24 AM
Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

Why are you voting the way you are voting during this presidential election?

How are you getting your daugher(s) involved?

slightlyperfect

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

We've already been discussing the first question obviously. But to answer the second one. I won't be getting my daughter involved because she isn't old enough for politics. It's a pet peeve of mine when kids shows try to drag politics and such into the show. They will have their whole lives to worry about the world. Right now isn't the time for that.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM

We are politically involved, so she hears us discussing the national election. When she asks a question, we explain. Lately she has told us about comments she has heard at school, and we've been explaining that people can have differing views. She said, "well, I know I'm only a kid, and I might not understand everything, but I can still have an opinion." So we've been letting her tell us what she thinks, and asking her questions that lead her to do research. We've been involved with different local candidates, so she has a pretty good idea of how individuals can make a difference.

Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM

My girls are too young to really care and I don't intend to make them grow up before they have to so I will not be discussing with them and getting them involved. 

That being said, I am voting the way I am voting because this country is an even bigger mess than it was 4 years ago, no thanks to our "president". I didn't vote for said "president" last time and I sure as hell am not changing my opinion/vote this time.

That being said, I don't talk politics as a general rule (unless with family or friends) so this is about as much as you'll get from me. 

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My dd is to young to understand the whole process. She only knows our family is against one specific candidate because she has overheard hubby and I talking with my parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)