Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That boys are easier than girls? Cause I have 2 girls and I'm tired of all the DRAMA!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM

So what you are saying is it just depends on the personality. My luck, any boy I have will be just as fiery as my girls.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think it depends on the child. I raised two boys. The oldest was easy. The youngest really tried the limits. (He's now a great father and has apologized many times for the problems he caused me and his dad) Now raising a girl,so far she has just been easy, a real pleasure. She's almost 13, no real problems so far.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I've heard that girls are easier when they are younger and boys are easier when they are older. If my girls are going to get worse, I'm screwed.

Quoting LOswald0314:

I have a 3 yr old boy and my girl is 16 months, so far she has been easier, lol! But I suspect that will change as they get older.

Kainalu55
by Malia on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:37 AM

i bet!  i have 2 girls ...

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM

It's the opposite for me so far.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

It's different between the two but they each have their own challenges. 

TurboMom81
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I have two girls.  So I have no clue.  But I know my two give me a run for my money. They are so girly, and I was never one for that sort of thing.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Partly. But, I really believe that each child grows up in a unique environment. My life. When my first was born, I quit work and stayed home with him-being our first we probably did a lot of things differently than later on. When the second son was born, I had to go back to work, finances were tough. The first had no competition for many years. The second was born having to share. They're grown. Our now now 12 year old girl has had a completely different situation. I think every child grows up in a different family, so to speak. You do your best to treat them all equally, but it's different for each child, even if they're close in age, because the family situation changes. You're hesitant with the first, more knowledgable with the second; you're stricter at one phase than another; your financial situation changes, you move to a different home, different job hours, it just changes, and that makes a difference, and their reaction to those changes is different for different kids.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

So what you are saying is it just depends on the personality. My luck, any boy I have will be just as fiery as my girls.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think it depends on the child. I raised two boys. The oldest was easy. The youngest really tried the limits. (He's now a great father and has apologized many times for the problems he caused me and his dad) Now raising a girl,so far she has just been easy, a real pleasure. She's almost 13, no real problems so far.

Samanthamommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I think so. I have one boy one girl.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I think it depends on the age and the situation.  My mom always used to say when we were kids she could tell me or my sisters to stay in one spot and when she came back we would be there.  If she told either of my brothers this she was always sure they wouldn't still be there.  As we got older though there was much less tears and drama from my brothers, lol. 

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I only have 1 girl so I don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)