Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That boys are easier than girls? Cause I have 2 girls and I'm tired of all the DRAMA!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Replies (21-30):
KaylaMillar
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I have one of each and my dd is way more dramatic than ds.....but ds likes to test the limits for sure. 

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I don't even know that I would call my girls girly. But the one is just so overly dramatic! I was never like that and it drives me crazy.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I have two girls.  So I have no clue.  But I know my two give me a run for my money. They are so girly, and I was never one for that sort of thing.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

So very true! I never thought about the environmental influences before. I knew that I was treating them differently based on my experience and their personalities. But there is so much more to the shaping of who they are than that. 

I know my 3 siblings and I have very different memories of what our childhood was like. It's interesting to talk about it now and realized how different it was when I assumed for so long that we all had the same experience.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Partly. But, I really believe that each child grows up in a unique environment. My life. When my first was born, I quit work and stayed home with him-being our first we probably did a lot of things differently than later on. When the second son was born, I had to go back to work, finances were tough. The first had no competition for many years. The second was born having to share. They're grown. Our now now 12 year old girl has had a completely different situation. I think every child grows up in a different family, so to speak. You do your best to treat them all equally, but it's different for each child, even if they're close in age, because the family situation changes. You're hesitant with the first, more knowledgable with the second; you're stricter at one phase than another; your financial situation changes, you move to a different home, different job hours, it just changes, and that makes a difference, and their reaction to those changes is different for different kids.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

So what you are saying is it just depends on the personality. My luck, any boy I have will be just as fiery as my girls.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I think it depends on the child. I raised two boys. The oldest was easy. The youngest really tried the limits. (He's now a great father and has apologized many times for the problems he caused me and his dad) Now raising a girl,so far she has just been easy, a real pleasure. She's almost 13, no real problems so far.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I so agree with this poster. Only I have 4 girls and 3 boys. lol

Quoting slw123:

Please....no!    I have a girl and a boy.  While they are completely different, he's not any easier than she is. 

undefined

MaddieBsMommy
by New Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

oh yes, I say it is definitly true!!! My DD is 11 and DS is 16 mos, and so far, my son is so much more laid back and easy to get along with, even at this young age.....my DD on the other hand has been a drama queen since birth, and middle school has multiplied that by about 100, not necessarily her now, but the other girls etc....I'm tired of the drama too, and I'm afraid it's not gonna get any better for many years, lol....I'm praying hard that the baby I'm carrying is another boy, lol....

TurboMom81
I realize that I will never get back to my original weight. I am okay with that. Besides 9 pounds 9 ounces just isn't realistic. ;-) Saw that on a t-shirt and loved it! LOL
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM
My oldest HAS to go to school in a dress. She only has so many dresses! LOL. She likes to wear her Justin Bieber Scented Hairspray. It's crazy!
Allora likes to prance around in dresses and crowns. She's a total princess!

I was playing softball and collecting baseball cards.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I don't even know that I would call my girls girly. But the one is just so overly dramatic! I was never like that and it drives me crazy.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I have two girls.  So I have no clue.  But I know my two give me a run for my money. They are so girly, and I was never one for that sort of thing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

This makes me realize, crap! What if my girls are into the huge by crush thing? I was never like that and I totally don't understand/can't stand the justin bieber type crushes. Oh gosh, I don't want to have to deal with that. 

Quoting TurboMom81:

My oldest HAS to go to school in a dress. She only has so many dresses! LOL. She likes to wear her Justin Bieber Scented Hairspray. It's crazy!
Allora likes to prance around in dresses and crowns. She's a total princess!

I was playing softball and collecting baseball cards.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Oh gosh, middle school. Ugh. 

Quoting MaddieBsMommy:

oh yes, I say it is definitly true!!! My DD is 11 and DS is 16 mos, and so far, my son is so much more laid back and easy to get along with, even at this young age.....my DD on the other hand has been a drama queen since birth, and middle school has multiplied that by about 100, not necessarily her now, but the other girls etc....I'm tired of the drama too, and I'm afraid it's not gonna get any better for many years, lol....I'm praying hard that the baby I'm carrying is another boy, lol....

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't imagine. I've always figured I could handle 3 girls. But not 4! And for sure not 7 kids. I always wanted a big family until I actually became a Mom. 

Quoting kirbymom:

I so agree with this poster. Only I have 4 girls and 3 boys. lol

Quoting slw123:

Please....no!    I have a girl and a boy.  While they are completely different, he's not any easier than she is. 

BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think so. I have two girls and one boy...18g, 15b, 13g...and none of them are specifically harder or easier than the others, in my experience. It's more a tradeoff. My son has different types of dramas than my girls have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)