Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am such a boring cook, partially because I don't really enjoy it. I am tired of the same meals over and over. Ladies help me out! I need some recipe ideas.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Replies (21-28):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Exactlly!!! 

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Yes, thank you! I hate the pinterest type recipes that no one who actually has a family to feed would ever make. 

Quoting MamaMandee:

This is one of my fav site for recipes. I love it cuz its real recipes by real people with THEIR real pics!

http://www.food.com/ 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

YW. It is a little quite right now but there are ton of recipes there & like I said I try to post at least 5 new things a day. You can use the group's search engine to look up different ideas.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Thank you! I never even thought to look here. Oh boy, I am getting excited.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Have you checked out this group? I post recipes daily there! 

Dinner Ideas 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Another good recipe group here on CM is Inside the Kitchen

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Dinner Ideas 

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

Quoting MamaMandee:

YW. It is a little quite right now but there are ton of recipes there & like I said I try to post at least 5 new things a day. You can use the group's search engine to look up different ideas.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Dinner Ideas 

Bmat
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I agree. I hate to spend a lot of time and money to buy ingredients and work on a dish only to find that I don't like it after all. I've been looking through this post because I am also bored with my meals.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Exactlly!!! 

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Yes, thank you! I hate the pinterest type recipes that no one who actually has a family to feed would ever make. 

Quoting MamaMandee:

This is one of my fav site for recipes. I love it cuz its real recipes by real people with THEIR real pics!

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Mine are from pinterest lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Mine are from pinterest lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Here is my version of tator tot pie. I fry up a pound of hamburger (or turkey burger) with a teaspoon dried onion and season to taste. I grate 2 medium sized potatoes, squeeze the excess moisture from them and fry in a pan coated with cooking spray. You can spray the tops of the potatoes before flipping them. Cook until done to your liking. Season them to taste. Then I take a 2 quart casserole dish, and put the hamburger/onion mixture on the bottom. Mix 1 can of cream of mushroom soup (I used the heart healthy version) with 1/2 cup milk and pour it over the hamburger mixture in the casserole dish, then I top that with the fried hashbrowns. Then I top that with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I use 2% cheese) and bake it at 350 F for 40 minutes. We had this last night with green beans, it was yummy!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)