Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What were your first thought after giving birth?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Its a girl!! We didnt know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

GLAD THAT IS OVER. And she is beautiful. :]

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I can't really remember my thoughts. Just the overall feeling of wonder and happiness. One of the first things I said was "next time I'm getting the epidural". Then, I realized how hungry I was.

I was in denial my whole second pregnancy so I was just blown away that I was actually holding a real baby and it was mine after I had her. I was in a lot of pain for a while after she was born so I remember just holding onto her as tight as I could to get me through it.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Oh God, I hope I don't ruin this beautiful creature. lol :)   I felt the same way with each of my kids. Even now I wonder how I can be a mother. :) 

sjk_maybe_mom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM
"she looks like my brother" LOL (not a bad thing) and then within the first couple of days I was finally able to realize just how very much my mother loves me. I don't think anyone understands how much their mom loves them, until they have a child of their own...and even more so I think for moms and daughters.
MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I was so in awe of everything about her. I just wanted to hold her and look at her. She was so precious and wonderful.

uriahadel
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM
The first one I felt relieved that I actually pushed a baby out, and then I thought, she is all mine and noone can take her away from me...

The second one I was surprised at how small she looked but I cried when I saw her because I had such a difficult pregnancy and almost lost her, and then I couldn't believe I pushed another one out... my second one I bonded with instantly... I loved my first one but was terrified once I realized I had to take care of her and she was my first and I was so scared to change her diaper because of her umbilical chord thingy, I thought I would hurt her... but the second one I was prepared for and knew exactly what to do, it was a breeze except for the medical issues we had to deal with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM

You have received a Multimedia Message

My second
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM

You have received a Multimedia Message

my first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN