Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confidence

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

Are you confident? Is your daughter?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
"Babe, that was amazing. We should do that every day!"
Yesterday at 5:09 PM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Yes, we both are.

But confidence is skills-based, is honesty-driven, and varies, so (for me; DD is only 3) while my level of confidence changes based on my assessment of any present stimuli, the confidence I have in myself and ability to reason and think is steady and stable. But I think one could make the argument for that actually being self-esteem and not confidence.

slightlyperfect

slw123
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yes, I think we both are.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM

I am confident about some things, others not so much. My 6 y/o thinks she can do anything!

LOswald0314
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Mostly, yes.  My DD is only 16 months but I'll do my best to make her confident.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

My dd is definitely confident. Some days I am and other days I am full of self doubt. 

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I am not the most confident person. I have one daughter that is very confident and the other one is more reserved :)

Bob192
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I am most of the time, sometimes I think she is over confident.  I think she will be a strong leader one day.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Quoting slw123:

Yes, I think we both are.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

i am not as confident as i should be. and my dd is 9 months.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think many people use the two terms interchangeably, but my understanding of the terms if that self-esteem refers to how you feel about yourself overall; how much esteem, positive regard or self-love you have. Self-esteem develops from experiences and situations that have shaped how you view yourself today. Self-confidence is how you feel about your abilities and can vary from situation to situation. I may have healthy self-esteem, but low confidence about situations involving  physical endurance.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Yes, we both are.

But confidence is skills-based, is honesty-driven, and varies, so (for me; DD is only 3) while my level of confidence changes based on my assessment of any present stimuli, the confidence I have in myself and ability to reason and think is steady and stable. But I think one could make the argument for that actually being self-esteem and not confidence.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)