Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What makes a person...

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 26 Replies

What do you think makes a person beautiful?

What do you think makes a person ugly?

How do you define beautiful and ugly for your daughter(s)?

slightlyperfect

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Very thought provoking. I will have to come back when I can think straight. I;m so sick and my head is so stuffy!

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
A person is beautiful when they have great charisma, is kind to others, and has positive qualities. An ugly person is rude, negative and puts down others. Someone who is also selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM
This is what I was thinking.

Quoting heather4511:

A person is beautiful when they have great charisma, is kind to others, and has positive qualities. An ugly person is rude, negative and puts down others. Someone who is also selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Me too. I think it's all about morals. I only find a person ugly when he/she lacks moral principles or is simply immoral. I don't really see physical beauty or ugliness like I think other people do.

My thing is, if we don't explain this to our daughters, pretty soon they'll just let society define these terms for them.

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting heather4511:

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM

And WTF? Aren't you on a cruise!? Go play. And not on CM! ;)

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting heather4511:

slightlyperfect

KaylaMillar
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Attitude! You can be the prettiest girl in the world and If you have a bad attitude it ruins it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Oh I definitely agree! If we don't start from the beginning letting our daughters, and sons for that matter, know what true beauty is than society will be all to willing to jump in and do that for us.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Me too. I think it's all about morals. I only find a person ugly when he/she lacks moral principles or is simply immoral. I don't really see physical beauty or ugliness like I think other people do.

My thing is, if we don't explain this to our daughters, pretty soon they'll just let society define these terms for them.

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting heather4511:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha I am!! Right now I am sitting in The Bull in Key West enjoying a margarita at 1137am. Haha

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting heather4511:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I should probably post this in your Confession post, but seriously, having like 1 or 2 drinks and then perusing CM is a great stress reliever. And makes for a hilarious good time!

Quoting Harris06:

Haha I am!! Right now I am sitting in The Bull in Key West enjoying a margarita at 1137am. Haha

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting heather4511:

slightlyperfect

Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Hahaha probably. Maybe I need to start another one. Haha

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I should probably post this in your Confession post, but seriously, having like 1 or 2 drinks and then perusing CM is a great stress reliever. And makes for a hilarious good time!

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting heather4511:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN