Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think makes a person beautiful?

What do you think makes a person ugly?

How do you define beautiful and ugly for your daughter(s)?

slightlyperfect

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM

A person's inward and outward view of themselves and the world around them is what makes them either pretty or ugly. 

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Exactly.lol

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

And WTF? Aren't you on a cruise!? Go play. And not on CM! ;)

Quoting Harris06:

This is what I was thinking.

Quoting heather4511:

A person is beautiful when they have great charisma, is kind to others, and has positive qualities. An ugly person is rude, negative and puts down others. Someone who is also selfish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I plan to try really hard for my daughter to understand this..especially as she becomes a young lady.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Me too. I think it's all about morals. I only find a person ugly when he/she lacks moral principles or is simply immoral. I don't really see physical beauty or ugliness like I think other people do.

My thing is, if we don't explain this to our daughters, pretty soon they'll just let society define these terms for them.

Quoting Harris06:

This is what I was thinking.

Quoting heather4511:

A person is beautiful when they have great charisma, is kind to others, and has positive qualities. An ugly person is rude, negative and puts down others. Someone who is also selfish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I believe a person's attitude, actions and what they say can be ugly or beautiful, not their physical appearance. I remember my grandmother saying , "Don't be ugly", and we all knew that was her way of telling us to behave nicely with each other.

SlightlyPerfect
5 nominations, and my answer is still no.
Yesterday at 9:03 AM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I love that. "Don't be ugly." Because it is chosen. Ugliness is chosen.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I believe a person's attitude, actions and what they say can be ugly or beautiful, not their physical appearance. I remember my grandmother saying , "Don't be ugly", and we all knew that was her way of telling us to behave nicely with each other.

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
5 nominations, and my answer is still no.
Yesterday at 9:03 AM
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:32 AM

What do you mean by "their view of the world around them"?

Quoting kirbymom:

A person's inward and outward view of themselves and the world around them is what makes them either pretty or ugly. 

slightlyperfect

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:04 PM

When someone views the world as either a nice and caring place or whether they view the world as a mean and uncaring place. That view is reflected in their own self image and in their personal view of how to treat others or how others treat or will treat them.  And this view can be fostered  from childhood on up. Sometimes this viewpoint is brought on by a bad experience. Our views are not just verbally taught to us. They are also taught by outside actions from other people. Whether those people are family or friends or strangers. 

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

What do you mean by "their view of the world around them"?

Quoting kirbymom:

undefined

Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I think a person's attitude and how they carry themselves make them beautiful or ugly. And their confidence. Some people, despite their best intentions, just are physically ugly though, and that can be hard to get past without knowing them better. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I The the answer is your inner person.. That's what makes you beautiful, not so much of your outward appearance because there are a lot of outwardly beautiful people but they are very ugly on the inside, so I think what counts more is that inner beauty that reflects in your dealings with others, and just your overall out look on life.

If I had a daurghter surely I would want her to take care of herself and be both beautiful on the inside and out.

Reannen8607
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I believe that actions say more about a persons beauty than their physical apperance. My sister is a very pretty girl but shes mean. And that makes her ugly IMHO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)