Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Second Week in November Random Post....

Posted by   + Show Post

Very,Very Random!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Replies (71-80):
KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Okay now that that's off my chest, LOL...

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I will go a get a little water.

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Now that was so good.

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I guess by the way she makes eye contact, and talk with assertiveness, she probably carries herself very well which give of a certain air of confidence and although she's very young, you are doing a great job with her and it shows.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Met with DD's teacher this morning re: her assessment. She's advanced in everything, super advanced in cognitive skills. No idea what to do.

Then the teacher said DD has incredibly high self-esteem for a 3-year-old. How can they even assess that!?

SlightlyPerfect
Today at 9:28 AM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Thanks. That makes sense.

For me, as a SAHM, it can be difficult to accurately judge whether what I'm doing is optimal. Others' feedback helps. It's difficult, but I'll tell you, nothing is more important to me than being present during my daughter's childhood.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

I guess by the way she makes eye contact, and talk with assertiveness, she probably carries herself very well which give of a certain air of confidence and although she's very young, you are doing a great job with her and it shows.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Met with DD's teacher this morning re: her assessment. She's advanced in everything, super advanced in cognitive skills. No idea what to do.

Then the teacher said DD has incredibly high self-esteem for a 3-year-old. How can they even assess that!?

slightlyperfect

KymberleeAnn
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

One SAHM to another, I understand exactly what you are talking about. It's very hard and you just want to know that you are doing all that you can to cultivate fine qualities in your children, any positive feedback from others who stand to gain absolutely nothing from telling you a candid assessment of your child really helps.

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Thanks. That makes sense.

For me, as a SAHM, it can be difficult to accurately judge whether what I'm doing is optimal. Others' feedback helps. It's difficult, but I'll tell you, nothing is more important to me than being present during my daughter's childhood.

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

TurboMom81
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Had an interesting experience today. I went to an NA meeting for the first time, observing as a Nursing Student. Not sure how I feel about the philosophy behind it...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sakpoints
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Are you gonna prep for the holiday, or are you going on vacation? DH keeps nudging me and hinting that we should just pack up and go somewhere to avoid the holidays. But this is my one of my favorite ones.

Actually, now that I think about it, there is no better holiday. No buying everyone presents. Everything is centered around food. Football. Yeah, I like it. 

Quoting sakpoints:

Hooray! I am off work all next week.

DH still has to work so I will just be staying around the house an prepping for the holiday.

SlightlyPerfect
Today at 9:28 AM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Aw! But that does sound relaxing.

DH is working Monday and Tuesday of this week, so I'm going to try to get as much as I can with our 3-year-old daughter. At least she loves to be in the kitchen with me.

Quoting sakpoints:

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Are you gonna prep for the holiday, or are you going on vacation? DH keeps nudging me and hinting that we should just pack up and go somewhere to avoid the holidays. But this is my one of my favorite ones.

Actually, now that I think about it, there is no better holiday. No buying everyone presents. Everything is centered around food. Football. Yeah, I like it. 

Quoting sakpoints:

Hooray! I am off work all next week.

DH still has to work so I will just be staying around the house an prepping for the holiday.

slightlyperfect

TurboMom81
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM
My daughter's First Grade Parent Teacher Conferance is tomorrow. For some reason these always make me feel old. LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)