Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have recently left my boyfriend of 12 years.  We have been apart almost 3 months.  We have 2 young children together (6 yrs and 4yrs).  It started out really good.  Their father had been watching them while I was at work.  But then when he started getting mad he would say he wouldn't watch them.  Or he wasn't taking my daughter to school for a slight tummy ache she had, which was from him giving her too much sugar the night before. He would threaten to not send our daughter to school. 

I started having my mom watch them to be more stable.  This week she was gone for a couple days to go on a short trip with her husband.  The kids' dad said he would watch them.  I am supposed to be at work at 8:30 and I have a 30 min commute.  He didn't make it home from a night out until 8:20.  I already have been keeping the kids with my mom during the week so I don't miss work or won't be late for work, and only been asking him to watch them during the week when my mom has things to do.  I have worked with him and given him as many chances as I could to keep them all the time but he keeps screwing it up.

I told him I am no longer going to ask him to take the kids during the week.  He told me it is illegal because we were never married and I never filed for custody, we have joint custody.  There is no parenting plan in place but I am wanting to get one in place.  But in the mean time, is that illegal?  They call him every night and see him every weekend.  I just don't want them over there during the week because he is not dependable.  I live in Oregon and I am having a hard time finding the exact laws on it.

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Replies (11-11):
MistressMinerva
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It's not illegal but I would get a lawyer and get papers written up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)