Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you define ‘self-esteem’ and ‘body confidence’ to your daughter?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all want the best for our daughters – for them to grow up having positive relationships with beauty so that they can fulfill their lives’ potential.

How do you define ‘self-esteem’ and ‘body confidence’ to your daughter?

girl giving flower

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (211-213):
X_Patriot_Mom_X
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My daughter is 8 yrs old and a super awesome kid. She understands a hell of a lot more than she really should. However thats the world we live in today. Self esteem is a behavior so its not something you're born with. I have an issue with her at school because she constantly talks and doesnt do her work like she is supposed to be doing. I had told the teacher one day to move her to her own little island away from the other students. He said "that would be detrimental to her Self Esteem." I said...nooooo...whats detrimental to her self esteem is the fact that she cant shut up and is bringing home failing grades. If she sees that with a little discipline she can accomplish good grades that is going to boost her self esteem and show her that she can accomplish anything as long as she is focused and sets her mind to it. This child definitely doesnt lack self esteem at all. I've taught her to trust in herself, I've given her chances to make decisions on her own and to make the right decisions. At 8 yrs old that is a lot of responsibility for a kid. I'm proud of her because she knows exactly what she is doing and what really needs to be done. Shes becoming little miss independent. <3

PurpleHazey
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I think that that comes with learning during the steps of the teen years.

ladan219
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM

thankx guys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN