Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you boost your daughter's self-esteem?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Amy
  • 9 Replies

Personally, I tell my daughter that I think she's beautiful, that I love her, how smart I think she is, etc, on a daily basis. 

Thankfully, I feel like she does have a healthy self-esteem.  She's not afraid to be who she wants, dress how she likes, wear her hair differently from the way her friends wear theirs.  And, she's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in or stand up for others when she sees bullying taking place.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SlightlyPerfect
5 nominations, and my answer is still no.
Today at 9:03 AM
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I teach my DD reason, critical thinking, and how to maintain a rational state of thinking. I feel it's only way to construct healthy self-esteem is to help our daughter be reality-driven.

slightlyperfect

MomTiara19
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I remind my daughter of all her good qualities not just about looks.

inmybizz
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I encourage my daughter to watch how she self talks. ( I can't, I'm no ggod at this, negative self talk), instead to turn it around into a positive statement. 

It sounds silly but i encourage her to stand straight and not slouch.- when you stand tall you exude confidence. I believe if you walk around hunched over and dragging you are probably having negative feelings/ thoughts

She feels good about herself when she is involved, so I try to keep her involved in things she likes(sports, art, dance).

Bookwormy
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM
We have helped her to be empowered & assertive. We encourage her. We support her. We love her unconditionally, but we do hold her accountable.
Hottmomma607
by Hottie on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I encourage her to be herself, love herself. Her self-esteem is healthy.
Sisteract
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

16 and 17 were so hard- the rest has been a piece of cake.

mrswillie
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Dh & I make sure to compliment an dencourage all our kids.

Kmakksmom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
We tell our girls the same daily. They always feel confident in themselves. We like to think at least a little bit of our words are rubbing off :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Personally, I tell my daughter that I think she's beautiful, that I love her, how smart I think she is, etc, on a daily basis. 

Thankfully, I feel like she does have a healthy self-esteem.  She's not afraid to be who she wants, dress how she likes, wear her hair differently from the way her friends wear theirs.  And, she's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in or stand up for others when she sees bullying taking place.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I teach my DD reason, critical thinking, and how to maintain a rational state of thinking. I feel it's only way to construct healthy self-esteem is to help our daughter be reality-driven.

good

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)