Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get Inspired by Great Ladies

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 64 Replies

Inspire your girls and help them gain the self-confidence they need to strive to become the strongest, bravest and most empowered women they can be, with quotes from some great ladies. One nice way to share these quotes, without being pushy, is to type them or write them on separate pieces of paper, and pin them somewhere your daughters will see them, like on your kitchen bulletin board, or refrigerator, or on a bedroom door.

I wanted to start with the amazing Eleanor Roosevelt because honestly, she could have written this confidence-building blog herself! She has left us moms and our daughters an enormous wealth of encouraging quotes to remember and live by, and I am thrilled to be able to share three of my favorites with you here:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...Do the things you think you cannot do."

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

And here are a few more of my favorite quotes to share with your girls, spoken by some iconic female heroes:

"Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth." - Julie Andrews

"A woman is like a tea bag: you never know her strength until you drop her in hot water." - Nancy Reagan

"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve." - JK Rowling

"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends." - J. K. Rowling

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." - Ella Fitzgerald

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing." - Harriet Braiker

"If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one." Dolly Parton

Do you have any favorite inspirational and confidence-building quotes by great ladies to share?

© iStockphoto.com/ Kropewnicki

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matt_sara_mom
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." 
— Princess Diana of Wales

"The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship."
— Amelia Earhart

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
— Oprah Winfrey,

elasmimi
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I've learned that people will forget what you said, and forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

sukainah
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Those are nice quotes.  I don't really have any to share.

sukainah
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Those are awesome

Quoting matt_sara_mom:

"Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you." 

"The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship."
— Amelia Earhart

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
— Oprah Winfrey,

sukainah
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I like that one.

Quoting elasmimi:

I've learned that people will forget what you said, and forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM

:-)

Quoting matt_sara_mom:

— Amelia Earhart

— Oprah Winfrey,

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Nice!

Quoting sukainah:

I like that one.

Quoting elasmimi:

Maya Angelou

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
-- Anne Frank

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

great quotes

arpazia
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
“One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadness. ”
― Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN