Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be An Inspiration

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies

Last week I wrote on this blog about inspirational quotes by great ladies to share with and empower your daughters, and to inspire us all to be the most self-confident women we can be. Since there was so much positive response to that post, it made me think, naturally, about how great it is to inspire others to be stronger, happier, more fulfilled, and more confident. Not only is it great for those that are BEING inspired, but it's a great feeling to be the one who IS inspiring and breathing confidence and strength into others.

I think it would be amazing for any growing girl, teen or young woman, to feel that SHE, too, is an inspiration to others. So how can you help your girls become an inspiration to others? Very simply. Help them find ways to channel their strengths, either inner strengths or creative, intellectual or physical strengths and skills, and share them with others whom they can inspire. Look for organizations where their skills can be useful and helpful to others, like peer support groups for something they may have been through and can help others through, or just tutoring other kids in an academic or even creative subject like music or math. Or, find ways your kids can help and inspire other children with lesser means and support systems, like volunteering with foster children or handicapped children. Even simpler: you can inspire your kids to organize a charity event to give to others who have less. It could be a food drive at school, a car wash, a bake sale, a used book donation, or a clothing donation, just to list a few quick and easy ideas. Anything that will truly help others in need, and will make your children feel proud of themselves, useful, inspirational, empowered, and more aware of their own ability to accomplish something important and meaningful in life, all of which will lead to greater self-confidence, happiness and fulfillment.

Do you have ideas for how your daughters could help and inspire others, and gain confidence in their abilities in themselves?

© iStockphoto.com/Paha_L

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Luckily, her school and church have many programs that allow her to do just that kind of thing. They involve the kids in many service projects, which gives them a new awareness of many social issues, and allows them to set an example for younger kids.

Mom2jngnc
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

Luckily, her school and church have many programs that allow her to do just that kind of thing. They involve the kids in many service projects, which gives them a new awareness of many social issues, and allows them to set an example for younger kids.

I was thinking the same thing. Between school, Scouts, Church and the fire dept (where she's not active yet, but helps us at things like pancake breakfasts) she shouldn't have too much trouble finding inspiration and service projects as she gets older.

Bmat
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM

This sounds very valuable, and something that will stay with her for the rest of her life.

Quoting elasmimi:

Bmat
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:20 AM

My sons were in scouts and church, so they had plenty of community service times.

goddess99
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I send my dd to a summer camp for special needs kids, not because she needs it but because she's so good with the kids who do.

melissa7283
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM
My dd donates her old toys ! She helps others where needed ! She shares nicely with her brothers !! She has seen mamaw donate to ppl in need , and therefore my dd knows it's a good gesture to do. Also, if ur financally able to. I donate to ministries when im able to !
I wanna donate to cures n meds. for those whom need those ! My problem ,, i dnt have the means to do so @ this time.
DNewman
by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM
2 moms liked this

By being the responsible, moral young lady that she is! 

Desirae1394
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Quoting elasmimi:

Our school is like that too. ;) Even in the classroom they have opportunities as the classrooms are multi grade rooms. Example, my sons are in classes now that are first- third. :)

Desirae1394
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM
In addition to our school community, our church community offers Los of service opportunities that have really grown not only our kids, but my hubby and I.
Desirae1394
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting DNewman:

By being the responsible, moral young lady that she is! 

That really sums it up, doesn't it? Raise them to know what is expected and praise them for how exceptional they are. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN