Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you pick her name?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 38 Replies
How did you pick your daughter's name? I there a special meaning behind it, is she named after anyone? Does she like her name?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My daughter Brylee was named after a dream I had during pregnancy, her middle name is after her Paternal Grandma who passed.

proudmommy690
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
With Hailee, I just always loved the name, always wanted a daughter named Hailee. But her biofather picked the spelling. As for her middle name, Grace, my oldest cousin had always wanted a girl named Grace but instead she got 3 boys...so when I became pregnant with a girl we talked and she mentioned it and I asked her if I could use it...she LOVED the idea!

Emilee...her biodad picked that name..I chose Mackenzie, looking in a baby book I fell in love with it (wish I would've given Mackenzie as the first name lol)

Piper....I just spit it out and DF was like...yeah I like that name...we thought about it for a long time before actually making it official. Lillian I just loved the name and told df that I dont care if it was a first or middle name but it will be in there somewhere lol.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Very pretty names!

Quoting proudmommy690:

With Hailee, I just always loved the name, always wanted a daughter named Hailee. But her biofather picked the spelling. As for her middle name, Grace, my oldest cousin had always wanted a girl named Grace but instead she got 3 boys...so when I became pregnant with a girl we talked and she mentioned it and I asked her if I could use it...she LOVED the idea!

Emilee...her biodad picked that name..I chose Mackenzie, looking in a baby book I fell in love with it (wish I would've given Mackenzie as the first name lol)

Piper....I just spit it out and DF was like...yeah I like that name...we thought about it for a long time before actually making it official. Lillian I just loved the name and told df that I dont care if it was a first or middle name but it will be in there somewhere lol.

proudmommy690
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Thank you

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Very pretty names!

Quoting proudmommy690:

Roo1234
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Shayna Claire (Chavah)...

Her initials S and C are for different relatives, as is her Hebrew name. The origins mattered too and reflect a post if her heritage. additionally her name translates to " beautiful clear life".

interestingly,I recently found a list of all the names we were considering for her before she was born and the names we used were crossed off.

she loves her name as well as the meaning
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I named my dd Olivia Ann (before Olivia was popular btw!!) because my great grandmother who lived to 91 and I loved dearly was named Olive and I wanted my daughter to be her namesake.  The Ann came from my husband's late mother, that was her middle name.

AmesCSki
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Our daughter is Abigail Honor. Honor is also my middle name and is the first name of my paternal grandmother. Abigail is the only first name my DH and I could agree on after a LOT of discussion :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the name Abigail!
Quoting AmesCSki:

Our daughter is Abigail Honor. Honor is also my middle name and is the first name of my paternal grandmother. Abigail is the only first name my DH and I could agree on after a LOT of discussion :)

deputygirls28
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
With my oldest is was just bc we liked the name. With the baby my husband and I knew her middle name was either going to be Ann or Elizabeth. Ann was my late sisters middle name and Elizabeth was my husbands grandmothers name, both of which played huge roles in our lives. We finally settled on the name Addison Elizabeth and I wouldn't change her name, it fits her amazingly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Molly is named after my mother's mother & me. Her full name is Mary Catherine. My grandmother was named Mary & her nickname was Molly. Also my husband's mother's name was Mary. Everyone calls her Molly(my daughter that is!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)