Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you pick your daughter's name? I there a special meaning behind it, is she named after anyone? Does she like her name?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Replies (31-38):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
My oldest's name is named after a tv character on my soap but I spelled is differently than they did, Haley. Her middle name is Nicole which is a family name on DH's side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM
My youngest is also named after a tv character but while the oldest was named after a small white women's character (Kelly Ripa on All My Children) Emerson was named after a large black man (Chia McBride on Pushing Dasies). I loved the name Emerson but no one was really on board with it, especially when we could not think of a good middle name. So she was almosted name Kara. About a month before she was born I was watching a red carpet show & Cate Blanchet was on and something just hit. My son is Jakob with a K instead of the typical C. I like Cate with a C instead of the K. Right then I knew she would be named Emerson Cate no matter what anyone thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I just thought the name Madelyn was pretty and told dh and he agreed.. So much easier than choosing our boys names

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

wanted something very common since mine is super uncommon .  DH wanted her named Rachel Nichole, I liked Emily Elizabeth ... it was not until we heard that first cry she became Jessica Lynn and Yes her name fits her well.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM

My husband picked them out :)

dusky_rose
by Sue on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Sarah (princess) Destiny (because her dad was in a car accident one year before her due date exactly).

Amy (beloved or poetic) Lee (after her paternal grandma's middle name, grandma goes by Lee, Lee means meadow).

Jessica79
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM

With #1 and #2 it was all a matter of us aggreeing. lol

With #3, her name - Ellianna - means "my God has answered me" which is so very fitting, because I begged God for her life while pregnant with her.

timon95
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:20 PM

she was going to be named Cheyenne, but then Dh's aunt gave us cd of a Christian group she saw and we liked the name. So She became Sierra and her middle name Elizabeth is from the Bible

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN