Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you think is a good age for you DD to shave her legs?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 15 Replies

?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annabellelee
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM
When the hair becomes noticeable.
slashteddy
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM
When she asks.
frndlyfn
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this

maybe 10/11/12.  Whenever she is uncomfortable about it.  She is 7 right now and still very light hair.  She is my hairy monkey  LOL.  Still has a bit of hair on her back but again light colored so not noticeable.

AlannaMaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is a good age too. My DD is 9 and she has some what hairy legs and she notices she has more hair on her legs then some kids in her class. She complains her legs are hairy, but they really aren't that bad or noticable. I just thought 9 is a little to young to suggest shaving... God i'm not ready for all this lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

maybe 10/11/12.  Whenever she is uncomfortable about it.  She is 7 right now and still very light hair.  She is my hairy monkey  LOL.  Still has a bit of hair on her back but again light colored so not noticeable.

proudmommy690
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Probably 11/12 that's when I started.
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I dont believe its an age thing I believe its an as she needs to because she has visible hair on her legs thing and wants to. I started at 10 in 4th grade, my 3 daughters were approx that age too.

YVONNE

AlannaMaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM
My DD is now in 4th grade and I can tell her leg hairs are starting to bother her. They really aren't that bad.. I'm not ready for my little girl to be growing up 😩😫😢

Quoting earthangel1967:

I dont believe its an age thing I believe its an as she needs to because she has visible hair on her legs thing and wants to. I started at 10 in 4th grade, my 3 daughters were approx that age too.

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM

awww well she's still just as grown up whether she shaves her legs or not but she will feel better about herself and not as self conscious if you let her shave them. Just my humble opinion. Plus in gym class or in summer if other kids notice they will start to tease her.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

My DD is now in 4th grade and I can tell her leg hairs are starting to bother her. They really aren't that bad.. I'm not ready for my little girl to be growing up 😩😫😢

Quoting earthangel1967:

YVONNE

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I think I was about 12. I will let her when she starts to notice it and be bothered by it.

btherese
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I had to wait until the last minute with my older girl, as she is not as skillful with her grooming as her little sister. I had to be sure that she could handle the razor and be ready to do it as often as it needs to be done. She is 13 and we began this year. I didn't shave until 12 myself and that was just about right, as I was kind of awkward too. My 9 y.o. wants to now, but I am going to make her wait, not because she wouldn't be able to, she's very good at grooming, but I don't really think she needs another step right now and she's a lot blonder than sister or me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)