Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does she like to go with you...

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

To the grocery store?

Jess Brad

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I certainly hope so, cause they have to anyway lol
AlannaMaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM
She hates it, I try to go whiles kids are in school!
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Loves it

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:43 AM

No

rocking horsebut when the kids were all little I use to shop at Meijers and told them if they were good during the whole trip  and didnt ask for anything or act up  then after I checked out I let them each take a ride on  the 1 cent pony ride machine as a reward.

shoppingThen once they were in middle school (we are very big on lifeskills and self sufficiency earlier the better) I taught them how and then had them take turns one week at a time where they would plan a whole weeks menu for the entire family (they liked that because as long as it was a balanced nutrition they got to pick the dinners they most liked) and they made the shopping list and they went with me and todd to grocery store that week and helped shop for the stuff and then before we checked out we'd have them guess how much they thought the cost would be and made a big deal of praising them if they were close and  encouraged them to pay closer attention to prices and they'd do better next time if they  were off. We also taught them to shop for better prices and sales and make comparisons. Then that same kid would cook the dinners for the family that week (and the 5 of them took turns each a different night to do dishes except the cook that week).

They are all adults and good shoppers and good cooks now and understand nutrition although some of them care about  nutrition and a couple of them dont as much  lol

YVONNE

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes
SlightlyPerfect
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Oh yeah. She helps me meal plan, and I make up math problems for her!

Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM

LOL!

Quoting proudmommy690:

I certainly hope so, cause they have to anyway lol

Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM

It makse it easier on everyone that way, doesn't it?! lol

Quoting AlannaMaria:

She hates it, I try to go whiles kids are in school!

Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

My youngest loves the penny pony at meijer! :)

Love your philosophy on life skills. I'm the same way.

Quoting earthangel1967:

No

rocking horsebut when the kids were all little I use to shop at Meijers and told them if they were good during the whole trip  and didnt ask for anything or act up  then after I checked out I let them each take a ride on  the 1 cent pony ride machine as a reward.

shoppingThen once they were in middle school (we are very big on lifeskills and self sufficiency earlier the better) I taught them how and then had them take turns one week at a time where they would plan a whole weeks menu for the entire family (they liked that because as long as it was a balanced nutrition they got to pick the dinners they most liked) and they made the shopping list and they went with me and todd to grocery store that week and helped shop for the stuff and then before we checked out we'd have them guess how much they thought the cost would be and made a big deal of praising them if they were close and  encouraged them to pay closer attention to prices and they'd do better next time if they  were off. We also taught them to shop for better prices and sales and make comparisons. Then that same kid would cook the dinners for the family that week (and the 5 of them took turns each a different night to do dishes except the cook that week).

They are all adults and good shoppers and good cooks now and understand nutrition although some of them care about  nutrition and a couple of them dont as much  lol

Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Awesome!

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Oh yeah. She helps me meal plan, and I make up math problems for her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN