Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How important is it to you...

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

... to model a healthy lifestyle for your daughter? How do you do this?
(Think eating, exercise, smoking, drinking - you can even take it further with things like finances, relationships, education, etc.)

Jess Brad

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:50 AM
2 moms liked this

That would be a long detailed answer lol but yes I think its important to teach by example. Kids are more likely to do what they see you doing than if you just talk the talk but dont walk the walk.

YVONNE

sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
It's very important to me. Eating healthy, having an active lifestyle, not smoking, and minimal drinking.
SlightlyPerfect
Ugliness and worthlessness, when combined, will only produce failure.
Yesterday at 10:16 AM
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I model healthy eating, and she helps me cook. I always have fresh ingredients around. I make sure she is surrounded by fresh fruits and veggies and meats.

Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I totally agree! :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

That would be a long detailed answer lol but yes I think its important to teach by example. Kids are more likely to do what they see you doing than if you just talk the talk but dont walk the walk.

Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Love this pic - thanks for sharing. :)

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

I model healthy eating, and she helps me cook. I always have fresh ingredients around. I make sure she is surrounded by fresh fruits and veggies and meats.

mrswillie
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM

It is very important. If they start at an early age it will be their life style. We go on 5 mile family walks, cook from scratch, eat healthly, etc.

slw123
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It's very important that my children see us living right so that they make good decisions for themselves. 

Sisteract
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

We are all healthy adults-

My daughter is extremely focused on healthy habits and nutrition- my son is very active and fit, but is not as focused on his diet.

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Very important. I want to give my children the best chance in life and by doing that I need to arm them with all the information and examples they need : )

Bmat
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It is important. What the child sees in early years stays with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)