Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halloween traditions

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do you have traditions that you do for Halloween?
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Nope
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM
We always go to Halloween at the zoo, a pumpkin patch, and carve pumpkins
Jessica79
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Nope. Pretty much our only tradition for halloween is no tradition at all. lol We basically only go trick or treating if our schedule allows. We've only given out candy a few times (2 or 3?)

We did go to Halloween Haunt this year and last year... tradition in the making? IDK. *shrugs* lol

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Carving a pumpkin and trick or treat

AlannaMaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Kind of I guess, we always go and get pumpkins and the kids carve them and trick or treating
abra
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM
There is a really awesome festival thrown every year and the kids dress up and we all go together!
sara_7106
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Fun

Quoting abra:

There is a really awesome festival thrown every year and the kids dress up and we all go together!

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:27 AM

When the 5 kids were still growing up....

from the time they could speak they got to pick anything they wanted to be as a costume and I'd make it for them (we entered and won quite a few costume contests over the years too)

Some years I threw themed halloween parties for them and their friends (not on halloween but a day close to it)

On halloween we always trick or treated.

As the kids got older Todd and I decorated and made a haunted wrap around porch and dressed up and played roles for our trick or treaters to go through.

Todd would take whatever of our kids who wanted to, to a haunted house

Every year we took all our  kids to pumpkin patch on hayrides to pick out own pumpkins to carve/decorate.

We watch thrillers and mildly scary movies every weekend all thru oct.

We often made crafts from family fun magazine and decorated house and yard together.

I always got fun creepy novelty food ideas from familyfun  magazine and  made them a halloween themed fun dinner halloween night before trick or treating.

After they collected all their candy they would dump their pile in front of them on  the floor and do a trading deals  thing amongst the 5 of them, we started that because one son has fatal allergies so the kids would trade stuff he'sallergic to for stuff he could eat then they decided to further it by trading stuff they didnt care about for their favorites with everyone else too..

YVONNE

fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Not really,just to go trick or treating & dressing up.

PrincessAsmommy
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM

We didn't really have any traditions until a year or so ago beacuse they were either sick or too little to care plus we live on an acreage and don't get trick or treaters.

The traditions we have been trying to get going are decorating the big blue spruce in the front of our yard, make a jack o lantern and put Halloween clingers in the windows or any crafts they've made. We also get dressed up for school and take them trick or treating at a mall and then on a little circuit to the homes of friends and family. Then we go our for supper somewhere (in costume) and when we get home seperate the candy before bed. I also try to send a snack to school with them and when they get older see if we can decorate the house and have a party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN