Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just found my aunt's bf on sex offenders list...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 5 Replies

i found out my aunt's bf is on the sex offenders list... but i typed his name nothing... then i called my cousin the one who told me aunt's bf was on the list and she told me what name he is listed under... the name is not even anywhere close to what name he is going by... then i asked my cousin if she knew why this is?  and she said her mother (which is my aunt) and the bf decided to make up a new name for him so ppl could not eaisly find him... but i have a plan that will burst both there bubbles. i am going to take his actually name into the police department where he regesters and report that he is going by something completely different... i know other mothers (in my area) would do that or at least i would hope someone would if they knew this... what do u think am i doing the right thing?...

UPDATE:   i spoke with my aunt and she refuses to tell me why her bf is on the list.. but she did say he has not been in trouble for over 30 year... so i think i will let it go... but i definatally am NOT going to  take my dd over to her house again... my dd and i can alway say hello to her if we stop by the store she works at when we go to petoskey...

but i strongly encourage all parents even parents who's children are grown to look up the sex offender in you area and know what areas of ur town to tell ur kids or grandkids to stay away from... the web site i use is  kidslivesafe.com sorry this is not a link i don't know how to do that...

by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Paigesmommy78
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Scary
PrincessAsmommy
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

That is just scary! They can both get in trouble for that one. Make sure you're ready for the fallout if you do that cuz there is bound to be some. But I would be making the same trip!

RheaF
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Hold on, what is he on the list for?

I know a guy from high school who slept with a 16 year old when he was 20 (she told him she was 19). He got caught and the girls family pressed charges. He now has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Not all sex offenders on that list are a danger.

btherese
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Yes, you are doing the right thing. Good luck and God be with you!

shadow_lark
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:32 AM
What was he on the list for? There's a huge difference between something involving a child and a grudge from parents towards their darling daughters hs bf.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN