Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you read the bible with your children?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM
  • 13 Replies

by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM
No.
alliweben
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

They have a children's book with Bibile stories we read to them when they were younger, and the older read to the younger after she learned to read.   Now we take them to Sunday School where they learn more about the Bible.   We sometimes talk about what they've learned.  

Roo1234
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 2:36 PM

They learn stories from the Torah at their Hebrew school and we talk about them when they want to ask questions.  

biomom1437
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 4:46 PM

ya.. this.. my dd and I read kid type book of the bible.. and we go to church often..

Quoting alliweben:

They have a children's book with Bibile stories we read to them when they were younger, and the older read to the younger after she learned to read.   Now we take them to Sunday School where they learn more about the Bible.   We sometimes talk about what they've learned.  

KymberleeAnn
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM

That's nice.

Quoting alliweben:

KymberleeAnn
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM

That's nice.

Quoting Roo1234:

They learn stories from the Torah at their Hebrew school and we talk about them when they want to ask questions.  

ambcortez
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

No.

balagan_imma
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

We often discuss the Torah portion of the week. We also have a lot of discussions about Jewish law, identity, laws of being kosher. It's alwasy an interesting dinner table in our house.

KymberleeAnn
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:39 PM

That's really nice.

Quoting biomom1437:

ya.. this.. my dd and I read kid type book of the bible.. and we go to church often..

Quoting alliweben:

KymberleeAnn
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I bet! :)

Quoting balagan_imma:

We often discuss the Torah portion of the week. We also have a lot of discussions about Jewish law, identity, laws of being kosher. It's alwasy an interesting dinner table in our house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)