( From the book "Every Young Womans Battle")
1) Tell Someone! Do not suffer in silence!
2) Don't EVER tolerate someones abuse- physical, sexual, or emotional.
3) Do not buy into the lie that you did something to deserve the abuse.No one deserves to be abused regardless of how she dresses, where she goes, or what she does.
4) It's okay to be angry at your abuser, but don't take your anger out on other people.
5) Rape and promiscuity are two totally different things.
6) Make it your goal to forgive your abuser.
7) While you'll never forget the abuse that was done to you, you can learn to cope responsibily and learn to grow in spite of it.