Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sun burn help....

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

besides aloe what are some good tips....no matter how much sun block...or spf i use charlotte always gets burnt....we were outside today for about 3 hrs and i applied spf 90 on her 4 times and she still got burnt...any tips would be helpful

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ladyvamp5489
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Noxema helps with sunburn pain. I ALWAYS use it in summer for mine and my kids. As far as not burning IDK, we use Melaleuca sunscreen spray and it helps not burn so badly but not totally.

Audreesmommy757
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

good idea with the noxema..im gonna try it...i feel so bad but i dont want to keep her inside all summer...

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Noxema helps with sunburn pain. I ALWAYS use it in summer for mine and my kids. As far as not burning IDK, we use Melaleuca sunscreen spray and it helps not burn so badly but not totally.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I'm not sure, bump!

mommyhonu
by Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I have to be really careful in the sun. I wear a hat and use an umbrella for my and my lil guy. We use Neutrogena sun block (The stick form for my youngest).

When it comes to treating burns I use aloe, vinegar or coconut oil. (which ever one is handy.)Then I also will wrap in a sheet (like a burrito) to help take the heat off, if that made any sense.

MomToovey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:25 AM

If you can, try to get inside as quickly as possible once you notice redness. Then, wrap the area with cool compresses or damp towels cooled in the fridge, which prevents swelling and blisters. Drink plenty of water and constantly apply moisturizer. :)

Not really sure about preventing the burns. My DD rarely burns, even if we forget to reapply. I guess just make sure she's dry when you reapply and then wait in the shade for a few minutes to let it really sink in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)