Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Connect with Pampers Connect with Pampers

Finding the right name?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 126 Total Views

Every name has a special meaning! So what's the story behind your LO's?

HeatherAtPampers

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomToovey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

LOL, when I was 12, my best friend's mom was pregnant with a girl. They hadn't chosen a name yet, so my friend and I were offering her silly suggestions like Summer Autumn, Sunshine Rain, etc. Well,  one of the suggestions we made stuck with me. I never actually thought I'd name my daughter that, but I always thought it was cute. Well, one day, when my DH was still just my BF, we were discussing baby names and how I've had them picked out for at least 10 or so years. He shot every single one of them down. So, as a last resort, I put one last suggestion on the table, a name that my friend and I came up with one night while trying to name her unborn sister. As soon as he heard it, he smiled and said he loved it. We knew that if we ever had a daughter, that would be her name. And sure enough, 3 years later, we welcomed April May into the world!

Audreesmommy757
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:50 PM

audree was after dh's granny and charlotte was a name that i liked and dh loved because of charlotte north carolina(his fav football teams stadium is there LOL)

PEEK05
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM

My daughter was named Esmeralda just because when we were looking at baby names after finding out she was a girl, we just KNEW that was the name for her. I couldn't imagine the baby I had seen in the ultrasound called anything different.

My son's first name, Emilio, came from movie credits in Mighty Ducks YEARS and YEARS ago when my husband and I were still in the beginning stages of dating. I had made the comment that Emilio would be a cute name for a baby boy and my husband agreed. We knew we would use it for a future boy and we did. His middle name, Hipolito, is in honor of DH's dad, though his brother also has that name.

MamaSarah1104
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Charlotte Olivia is named after her grandpa Charles. Olivia is because at our rehearsal dinner one of my cousins kids (Olivia) ran upto my husband and goes "Poophead!" which is so something she would get in trouble for saying and we used to call each other Poophead because of it and then when we got pregnant we called her "little Poophead" and then when we knew she was a girl and that her name was Charlotte we kept calling her Charlotte Poophead because we couldn't find the perfect middle name... Then we realized we already had it lol.

Robert Clayton: well my husband really wanted a jr (Clayton James) and for some reason I really didn't like it. So I was dragging my feet on the whole name process. I tried throwing our other names that I liked that might be a compromise. He threw out Robert Clayton and I said Sheldon James. Well I felt like a real b**** not letting him have a jr so I told him that no name I could pick would mean as much to me as using his name would mean to him so I wanted him to pick. He surprised me by picking Robert Clayton (my grandpas name was Robert and I've always said I want our kids to have at least one family name even though clearly with Clayton it didn't need another family name) he said that he thought Robert Clayton sounded like a really strong Proffesional name. (well I also came to find out he picked the name because of the movie Enemy of State lol... But I think I'm just going to keep thinking of it as he's named after my grandpa and let my family think that too lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1Angeland3Girls
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Ok im pregnant with my 4th girl, so it might be long, lol.

My first is Liliana Rose- Lillies and Roses

My second is Gracelyn Monet- Monet painted water Lillies...get it??? Gracelyn is just cuz...

My third is Rowynne Elise- Rowan tree is Fairy tree. Elise is my gmas middle name

My fourth will be Zinnia Annvernie- Zinnia is a flower ( connects to the oldest Liliana) And Zinnia is also a flower fairy, so it connects to rowan being the rowan tree is a fairy tree, get it???   Annvernie is 2 gmas names( Margaret Ann, and Vernie Elise) Ann means graceful..goes back to gracelyn. And Vernie is a place for the alders, which are trees, so it connects back to Rowynne(tree)..

It makes sense in my head lol!!

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Lucia--I loved Seventh Heaven, and Lucy was my favorite character...my husband was opposed to Lucy, so I came across Lucia..he still wasn't for it...needless to say, I got my way!

Cecilia--Since i named Lucia, I let my DH name her...he found this name once and liked it.  We are Catholic and there is a St. Cecilia...so kind of after her (there is a St. Lucia too).  A good role model for Cece.

Gracey--We came across Grace..but my DH thought it was too common plus we would call her Gracey anyhow..so we named her Gracey.

Marcus--I forget how we found his name...but this was always our boy name from the beginning.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM

My oldest is named after family.

My second oldest was just a name with loved, his middle name is a family tradition.

Number 3 is just a name we loved

The youngest is named after family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN