Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Connect with Pampers Connect with Pampers

Forgive me and help!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

My almost 10 month old is primarily cloth diapered. We almost always have pampers in stock for the rare emergency or when I use up to the last cloth diaper I will use disposables while the cloth ones are washing. Well we have all been sick over the past week and I moved back to disposables because I was having a hard time keeping up with everything. My husband got a coupon from Target for huggies slip on's (which he thought was odd because he got the coupon while buying pampers, lol). So he decided to grab some. 

#1. Huggies seem to run small, I have always thought this. 

#2. Great concept, terrible idea. These are like little baby pull ups. There for trying to make them snugger is tough. They are not tight enough to fit Logan. So we tried adjusting the sides and then they just kept falling off. 

#.3 The absorbent part of huggies seems narrow (why they seem to run small). So these diapers are like putting a pad into my 4 year olds underwear and putting that on my son. They are awful. 

So we have these abominations and a package of target brand that some one have us when their baby we out. He used them off and on for the past couple days. When he woke this morning I took off his cloth diaper and put the huggies. Then a few hours later changed him to a target diaper. I noticed he looked a little red when I changed him, but he had been trying to climb things, I figured it just rubbed him weird. Then he pooped about 20 minutes later and OMG, The rash is horrible. It goes from just above his penis to his belly button. I put him back in cloth diaper and called the doctors. They think it sounds like a reaction to the diaper but if it spreads to call them back. It has not spread but is still there. He also has not napped. How do I fix him?? How do I make him happy? 

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeatherMQ
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM

You know what's also funny, when people were claiming their babies were getting "chemical burns" from pampers, this is what some of their pictures looked like. 

Also, my oldest is about to be 7 and when she was a baby, she had a rash just like this after using huggies. I was putting tons of Vaseline on her to try to protect her skin and it took a few days for it to go away.in the meantime, I can't use that with the cloth diapers, it can ruin them. 

HeathrAtPampers
by Head Admin on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Aw, poor little guy, hope he feels better soon!  Here are a few tips from Pampers Village that might be of interest http://www.pampers.com/diaper-rash-a-pain-in-the-rear  Good luck and hope you'll keep us posted mama. 

AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Ouch! Poor little guy! Anytime one of my kids has a rash, diaper or otherwise I use a cream called Penaten. Its awesome. You can find it on Amazon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HeatherMQ
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Well after it started getting darker I decided to take him into the doctors. The pediatrician agree's that it looks like he had an allergic reaction to either the huggies or target diaper since it's not covering any of the typical rash areas. He is back in a pampers right now because he is due to poop and all my cloth diapers are not clean yet. After his morning poop he will be crawling around naked in hopes of helping him. They told me to give him benedryl too if he seems irritated, I haven't yet. I think I will finally do it when we get back from the bus stop. 

Oh and to add to it, turns out he has an ear infection too. He was in the doctors last week for a high fever and a cold and there was no ear infection and this week they called it horrible. My poor baby. :( 

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Poor baby!! <3  Lots of air and I have heard coconut oil to help too (not sure how that is with cloth).  :((((

Timon6903
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Poor sweetie! I hope he feels better!

HeatherMQ
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM

My poor baby can not win. He ended up with the worst diarrhea I have ever seen because of the amoxicillin. And after 3 days it was not getting better. We went to change his diaper yesterday and he was bleeding through the pores in his bum. It was awful. I brought him back to be sure it was not anything else and when they checked his ear, the ear infection was still horrible. The amoxicillin was doing nothing. So he came off of it and is now on azythromicin. Today was day 2 and he still has terrible diarrhea. We are changing diapers hourly and loading on desirin and keeping him naked when possible. I wish I had magic and could make him better. 

KCN72782
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon! As for the rash, I have heard oatmeal baths or even baking soda in the bath helps.
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Oh no! Poor little guy! :(

Hope he gets better soon!
happy2b101
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM

wow, that is horrible.  how is he doing now?  I hope better! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)