Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi Ya'll

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 311 Total Views

Just found out that my dh might possibly be pcsing to FSH in the late winter/early spring time frame. We both were in training at FSH in 2007 but neither have been stationed on there. I'm curious about on post housing or where to rent off post. Right now its still undecided. Branch keeps going between FSH, Hawaii and Germany. Both DH and I would prefer FSH. I'll definitely let ya'll know when if we do :D Right now he is overseas but due home within the next month or so. Currently stationed in wonderfully wet western washington at beautiful FT Lewis (if you can't hear the sarcasim I'm sorry) I'm originally from Eastern Washington and DH is from Boston. We have one darling little girl who is 13 months and two moo mutts- a 3 year old australian cattle dog and a year old austalian sheperd/ Thanks for any info ladies

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armywife_TX
by Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

My hubby and I were at Ft Lewis.....well he is still there.  I moved back here when he deployed to have a baby and go to school.  He is trying to get medically discharged and come back home here.  Ft Lewis is beauiful but I HATED the rainy weather all the time. Good Luck moving here.  You will love it.  I dont know anything about on-base housing.  I have lived here all my life so it was never needed.

armymommy2be818
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

thats awesome :D both dh and i have been there for training. I hated texas while i was in the army cause of the heat but i'm tired of the rain.. I loved san antonio :D if there was more trees and a little more cooler weather it would be the perfect place to live :D

Princesspurple
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Hey.  We are stationed at Lackland which is just west of FSH.  I grew up in Seattle and I hated it but now that I am stuck in Tx away from ALL my family up in Seattle I am missing it.  I have two kids, my DD is 2 and my DS is 6 months.

armymommy2be818
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Princesspurple:

Hey.  We are stationed at Lackland which is just west of FSH.  I grew up in Seattle and I hated it but now that I am stuck in Tx away from ALL my family up in Seattle I am missing it.  I have two kids, my DD is 2 and my DS is 6 months.

I know where lackland is :D all my family is up here too but i do have some family in texas but my parents and sister is up here. along with all my friends i'll be sad to leave them but definitely wont miss the dang weather

armymommy2be818
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Looks like we will be there about march.. whoo another birthday in texas! I spent my 19th birthday there :D this time I can drink!! I'll be 23 in april.. can't wait to be back in SA

Princesspurple
by Member on Sep. 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Hope we can get together after you get down here.

armymommy2be818
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 6:34 PM

that would be awesome :D specially since i don't know anyone down there yet.. my biggest stress is leaving my friends here and not finding any down there :( i'm sure i will find new friends

armymommy2be818
by on Sep. 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM

well bad news is we aren't coming to SA like branch said.. they are saying hawaii now which means NO on post housing :P the wait is 7 years! so i'm really REALLY bummed out.. but thats what i get for getting excited

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)