Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

I was wondering if anyone knew how to enroll there child in that school thing while their daddy is deployed... she is three and she is able to go to school while he is deployed.. and what do they have to know before they go in?  I have never had to look at schools before.. I was home-schooled so I don't even know what I should be looking for I am totally clueless when it comes to schools.. lol.. can someone help me?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annies_love
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:33 PM

wow i didnt know anything about that!!! my hubby is deployed lmk if you hear anything:) 

armywifeprdofit
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:38 PM

alrighty I will, I just heard about it too

Quoting Annies_love:

wow i didnt know anything about that!!! my hubby is deployed lmk if you hear anything:) 

armywife_TX
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Are you looking into publc schools?  If so, the kids can be waived in if there are certain conditions and a parent being deployed is one of the conditions.  I would say go to the elementary school in your district and ask the front office what you need to do.  I do know that you need to have your hubby's depoyment orders for them.  I would also get the child's shot record, physical, birth cert, etc before going just to have them on hand.  My hubby is deployed right now, and this is the ifo I found out.  Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Gina  ;)

pregnancy calendar
jfire72
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I was thinking TX just starts preschool here at 3 and military dependents could go for free in their district or on post.  I know when we were at Ft Hood that was an option for us.  As far as I know you just need to contact the school district.  I think Judson schools has the enrollment requirements on their website so it's possible the other districts might as well.

armywifeprdofit
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:01 PM

hmm, I dunno I was told preschool was 4 but I could be wrong...  but thanks I will go to the schools here... what is concidered a "good" school?

Quoting jfire72:

I was thinking TX just starts preschool here at 3 and military dependents could go for free in their district or on post.  I know when we were at Ft Hood that was an option for us.  As far as I know you just need to contact the school district.  I think Judson schools has the enrollment requirements on their website so it's possible the other districts might as well.

lisaliberato
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM

yes there are programs for 3 year old in pre school. like head start and stuff, what school where you thinking about putting your 3 year old in? like a regular school, cause no they have t be 4 years old to attend public schools and the fort sam elementary school, where my daughter goes, they have to turn 4 years of age before September 1rst. i have a 4 year old that they would not let go because she turned 4 on October 20th 08, not in time for this year but the said for next year. they have a preschool on fort sam i have been through it, its where the dodd chapels is. i am not sure what to do there, you would have to contact them.. good luck!

Myspace Layouts, Glitters & More!
armywifeprdofit
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I was told by his family readiness group that becuz he is deployed they can go at 3, and they can go to any school I just have to figure out how to enroll them for that and I haven't been able to get intouch with this lady they told me would help me...

Quoting lisaliberato:

yes there are programs for 3 year old in pre school. like head start and stuff, what school where you thinking about putting your 3 year old in? like a regular school, cause no they have t be 4 years old to attend public schools and the fort sam elementary school, where my daughter goes, they have to turn 4 years of age before September 1rst. i have a 4 year old that they would not let go because she turned 4 on October 20th 08, not in time for this year but the said for next year. they have a preschool on fort sam i have been through it, its where the dodd chapels is. i am not sure what to do there, you would have to contact them.. good luck!

lisaliberato
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM

wow i did not know that! nice, my hubby is home now, but we are trying to get our girls into a private christian school next year. our 10 year old goes to ft sam elementary now, and its great, but we want more faith based i guess, good luck!

do you home school her at all, like ABCs and stuff, i got some work books from walmart and i have taught my 4 year old how to write her name, and count, we are working on recognizing the numbers and letters now, but was fun my 2 year old can sing all her ABCs too..

Quoting armywifeprdofit:

I was told by his family readiness group that becuz he is deployed they can go at 3, and they can go to any school I just have to figure out how to enroll them for that and I haven't been able to get intouch with this lady they told me would help me...

Quoting lisaliberato:

armywifeprdofit
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM

well, my mom kinda does cuz I was homeschooled, and she knows her colors in english and in spanish and alphabet and numbers in english and spainsh and she knows her name but doesn't know how to spell it yet.. we are still working on that one.. what else does she need to know to be in preschool?

Quoting lisaliberato:

wow i did not know that! nice, my hubby is home now, but we are trying to get our girls into a private christian school next year. our 10 year old goes to ft sam elementary now, and its great, but we want more faith based i guess, good luck!

do you home school her at all, like ABCs and stuff, i got some work books from walmart and i have taught my 4 year old how to write her name, and count, we are working on recognizing the numbers and letters now, but was fun my 2 year old can sing all her ABCs too..

Quoting armywifeprdofit:

Quoting lisaliberato:

lisaliberato
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

i dont think she needs to know anything for preschool they teach her pretty much what you have already, but not in  spanish, so i am sure shes ready!!

Quoting armywifeprdofit:

well, my mom kinda does cuz I was homeschooled, and she knows her colors in english and in spanish and alphabet and numbers in english and spainsh and she knows her name but doesn't know how to spell it yet.. we are still working on that one.. what else does she need to know to be in preschool?

Quoting lisaliberato:

Quoting armywifeprdofit:

Quoting lisaliberato:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)