Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Science agrees with the Bible. It is scientifically accurate.

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

From another group:

Quoting littlemoments99:
Quoting romalove:
Quoting littlemoments99:
Quoting romalove:
Quoting littlemoments99:

Science agrees with the Bible. It is scientifically and historically accurate. 

How old does the Bible say the world is?

About 6000 years old. I have a few books on this. There are things scientists can't explain and there are things that clearly point to a young earth that they choose to ignore. There are scientists out there who want to defend the Bible and ones who try and make it look bad. Unfortunately, the ones who want to make it look bad get more media attention and they are the ones who are believed. People just don't think that a book can really have all the answers, but it does. It's God's word and it cannot be disproven. God would never allow that.

The vast numbers of scientists, and generally accepted science, says that is not true.  I know you believe it, and that is your right.

However, I said before we can't have a scientific discussion if you will use your Bible as your science guide.  Your Bible only applies to believers, and it isn't scientifically accurate.

It actually is. No matter how loud you yell that it's not true, it will always be true. There is just no debating. I told you I have books about this. Things that point to a young earth: First God gave us a "birth certificate for the earth in the Bible. The earth was made on day 1. Adam was made on day 6. Adam to Abraham is about 2000 years. Most scholars (Christian or secular) believe Abraham lived around 2000 BC. If you count from Abraham's time to today, it's 4000 years. So, add it up. 2000 + 4000 = 6000. 

I could give you other things like salt levels in the ocean, earth's magnetic field, etc. But ultimately the age of the earth comes down to your worldview. Will you trust an all knowing God or will you trust imperfect man's assumptions and imaginations about the past that is regularly changing? People are always coming up with different conclusions about cultures in the past, they don't know everything and they find new things regularly. People aren't perfect but God never changes and so will always be perfect.

This is a fascinating subject, but rather off-topic for this thread.

Can I invite you both to a spin-off thread, to discuss it there?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
romalove
by Atheist on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Thank you Clairwil.

I told littlemoments I woudl address her last comment to me, which is that I refused to listen to the Bible and the science that supports the Bible.

My answer is, show me a scientific website, not Bible based, that proves what you just said.

Thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)