Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

^^^ That is one of dads biggest fears now. That when he talks to people someone will think he is stupid.

Tomorrow will be 7 months since the accident and wow has dad come a long ways. He still has a lot of issues, but his progress is amazing.

He can carry a pretty decent conversation and in a month he should be released to drive the car again, given his neurologist, insurance, ect all agrees and releases him.

He got approved for SSD. So thats good.

But you ready for this? Tomorrow night he will stand in front of a group and do his first public speech. Yay. We are going to try and record it and if so i will try to post it here. Im so excited. He is scared and nervous.

Now back to the title. He really tries to do things alone but with not being able to speak properly his communication is limited. He still cant read, but he may never be able to. Along with the Aphasia he has Alexia without Agraphia, but he can write out words. Its really weird but cool.

So he will call places and pass the phone to mom or I when he doesnt understand what is bein said or when in public ask for our assistance. Well im really impressed with people. They dont treat him weird or like he is stupid. They are always so sweet to him.

Lately dad has really been pushin me out of my comfort zone and pushin my anxiety to the max, but ive survived. Lol I have been drivin a lot lately, so mom can rest (shes been really sick) and usin the phone. Those are 2 of my worst "triggers." I feel in a way this is helpin me to deal with my anxiety disorder and get past it. I still deal with it a lot, but im slowly learnin to not let it control me.

Im really excited for tomorrow night. Im so very proud of dad. I so hope we can record it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:04 AM
Replies (11-16):
sherry132
by TBI Group Owner on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

He does fantastic!!!!!

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I need to get more people to comment on the actual video on YouTube. It makes him grin ear to ear. Lol

Thanks.

Quoting sherry132:

He does fantastic!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by TBI Group Owner on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I put up a post with the video. I'll add a comment. :)

Quoting mstkn.identity:

I need to get more people to comment on the actual video on YouTube. It makes him grin ear to ear. Lol

Thanks.

Quoting sherry132:

He does fantastic!!!!!

mstkn.identity
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Thanks. :-)

Quoting sherry132:

I put up a post with the video. I'll add a comment. :)

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Thanks.

Quoting sherry132:

He does fantastic!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willysmama
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:31 PM

He did awesome!

mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Thanks.

Quoting willysmama:

He did awesome!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN