Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was everyones Christmas?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 89 Total Views
Ours was good and bad (long story).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sherry132
by TBI Group Owner on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Ugg Mstkn you can't post one sentence and bail~

Mine was quiet. My son is here and we had a quite day. Hugs, I hope things are better. Happy New Year!

mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Lol. I was going to come back and post more but forgot. Lol

Ok so my grandma (moms mom) passed away last year. My pos aunt and her pos husband lived with grandma. After grandma passed they caused hell with the house and grandma's stuff.

They finally moved out a couple months ago. But not before screwing a lot of stuff up and ripping some of the family apart. My mom and another aunt changed the locks.

On Christmas we found out they broke into grandmas house and stole a lot of stuff. It really messed mom up. Its a huge mess.

Happy new years to you too.

Quoting sherry132:

Ugg Mstkn you can't post one sentence and bail~

Mine was quiet. My son is here and we had a quite day. Hugs, I hope things are better. Happy New Year!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tbiguy
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a good Christmas was the first time in months I was around my in laws after we had a falling out. My mother-in-law made me or was making me brain overload so I had to leave her house one day while she was having a birthday party. She said I was being rude for leaving.  I said you don't want to understand my issues since my accident and that is why I had to leave. That was 6 months ago.

Seems crazy right two adults cant get along but TBI has taken front stage for me I cannot put other peoples feelings first all the time. That is how I use to be now I am more selfish for myself if it is to loud in the room I ask them to turn the radio down, no I don't want to go to the bar, and no I don't like big crowds of people. Seems to me now that she knows these things she tries to push the buttons to get to me; or I am just more sensitive to it.

My wife and I have been married for 24 years been together for almost 30 so it is not like these people don't know me lol. I would be single for sure right now if our marriage had any cracks in it before our accident. Luckily for us we are as strong now as we were before but it is still different than it was. I have no emotions from my TBI so I don't really feel love anymore but she is special to me for sure.

So this year we had Christmas at our house where we run the show and it went okay tension was high both my daughters were home and my in laws were here. One daughter  who still does not talk to dad since his injury and she did okay until the last 30 min of the last day. Since I lost all my emotions with my TBI the world seems so black and white to me now and girls don't like that. However, we bought both girls a tablet for college they were happy and I got my wife her first tablet. Wow she was really excited you see I got a tablet after my TBI for calendar, brain games, and notebook what a god-sent. Since then my wife has wanted one and that was almost two years ago.

So to sum it up lets see I got to cook so dinner was fantastic. Party was at my house was I was in control of sound, lights, number of people, and when it ended that was perfect. Everyone got gifts they needed and wanted luckily I could afford them that's good. I was able to handle it all without overloading and without the use of alcohol hooray. All in all was a great year I think I hope all who read this can say the same.

mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I understand having to leave places due to over stimulation. Dad has to do that sometimes. We keep Xanax meltable tabs on us in case he starts to get way over stimulated.

Dad was a preacher and loved being around people now just attending church is sometimes hard for him.

My folks will have their 30th anniversary in Feb. Dads TBI has taken a toll on their marriage but they are still very supportive of each other.

((Hugs))

Quoting tbiguy:

I had a good Christmas was the first time in months I was around my in laws after we had a falling out. My mother-in-law made me or was making me brain overload so I had to leave her house one day while she was having a birthday party. She said I was being rude for leaving.  I said you don't want to understand my issues since my accident and that is why I had to leave. That was 6 months ago.

Seems crazy right two adults cant get along but TBI has taken front stage for me I cannot put other peoples feelings first all the time. That is how I use to be now I am more selfish for myself if it is to loud in the room I ask them to turn the radio down, no I don't want to go to the bar, and no I don't like big crowds of people. Seems to me now that she knows these things she tries to push the buttons to get to me; or I am just more sensitive to it.

My wife and I have been married for 24 years been together for almost 30 so it is not like these people don't know me lol. I would be single for sure right now if our marriage had any cracks in it before our accident. Luckily for us we are as strong now as we were before but it is still different than it was. I have no emotions from my TBI so I don't really feel love anymore but she is special to me for sure.

So this year we had Christmas at our house where we run the show and it went okay tension was high both my daughters were home and my in laws were here. One daughter  who still does not talk to dad since his injury and she did okay until the last 30 min of the last day. Since I lost all my emotions with my TBI the world seems so black and white to me now and girls don't like that. However, we bought both girls a tablet for college they were happy and I got my wife her first tablet. Wow she was really excited you see I got a tablet after my TBI for calendar, brain games, and notebook what a god-sent. Since then my wife has wanted one and that was almost two years ago.

So to sum it up lets see I got to cook so dinner was fantastic. Party was at my house was I was in control of sound, lights, number of people, and when it ended that was perfect. Everyone got gifts they needed and wanted luckily I could afford them that's good. I was able to handle it all without overloading and without the use of alcohol hooray. All in all was a great year I think I hope all who read this can say the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)