Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my uncle passed

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 69 Total Views
1 mom liked this

My uncle passed away today one of his many diagnosises was a traumatic brain injury. He died today cause his heart gave out. He has been sick for a long time. Emphysema, had heart surgery 8 times in the last 4 years, kept having strokes at least  twice a year since 2007.

And i am going to be seen in the families eyes as being evil. I can't afford to go up, we just went to michigan for christmas. And the funeral is in michigan. I live in mississippi. I know my step dad wants me to be there but I can't afford to go. Plus willy will be missing school and therapies. He can't afford to miss more than he already has missed due to the holidays. I believe willy's therapies are important and so is his schooling. He is making leaps and bounds right now, i don't want him to miss more than is absolutely necessary. Plus i wasn't close to this uncle. I feel bad that i can't go and i know the family will be angry with me but going to a funeral isn't worth breaking the bank account for. It costs near $1,000 to go round trip and 2 days driving to get up there.

I won't fly with willy. and the train costs just about the same anyways

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mstkn.identity
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM
((Hugs)) You have to do what is best for your son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by TBI Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Sweetheart, let them see you as evil. If they can't understand the problems with your son and with money, well then they aren't much to be worried about anyway. I know it's tough when family acts stupid, but some things can't be helped. 

Too much travel in a small period of time also disturbs the person with a TBI. It's disrupts their cycle and what they are used too. It causes depression, irritation, regression, confusion. It causes all the "shuns" and sometimes the only way to avoid the "shuns" is to shun those demanding you do things that you know are not good for your son. Hugs and sorry about your uncle. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)