Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you go to a salon or do your hair at home? I used to spend over $100 every 5weeks at the salon.  Now I do my hair at home. 
I cut my hair upside down and I buy my dye from Sally's.

I do a vinegar rinse every other month.  I only wash my hair every 3days and use dry shampoo in between.  I only blow dry and straighten once a week but in the summer I let my waves be natural (mostly).

by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

You have no idea. She's also VERY bossy and likes to tell everyone exactly how they're living their lives the wrong way, playing with the dog the wrong way or anything else she can think of. I HATE HER FACE!

Quoting taKENheart:

She sounds like a miserable person to be around :(

Quoting bmw29:

We are all standing there talking and she looked over at her husband and said, in a very snotty voice, "When are we leaving? You said we only had to stay a few minutes and it's been over an hour." FFS woman at least have the decency to whisper that rude ass shit!

Apollos82
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I have ruined my hair so many, many times by cutting it myself. I don't even try any more. It's toooooo thick. I SHOULD buy some of those thinning shears because it seems like whoever cuts my hair never gets it thinned enough. Seriously....you know those BIG FAT THICK hair rubber bands? I can get those around my hair twice. MAYBE three times, if it's been thinned enough.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I like that cut you got awhile back!  It looks really good on you ;)
I had my hair thinned once and I hated it because I had fly aways constantly no matter what.  It would probably work for styled hair like yours but this was back when I had to wear a bun everyday.

Quoting Apollos82:

I have ruined my hair so many, many times by cutting it myself. I don't even try any more. It's toooooo thick. I SHOULD buy some of those thinning shears because it seems like whoever cuts my hair never gets it thinned enough. Seriously....you know those BIG FAT THICK hair rubber bands? I can get those around my hair twice. MAYBE three times, if it's been thinned enough.

Apollos82
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

That cut was cute, for about two days, until I washed it. I couldn't get it as flat as the stylist did, so it just looked like a brown football helmet! LOL

I'm growing it out again. I can't stand me with short hair. If I can't get it in a pony, I might as well shave it off, because I won't do anything with it.

Quoting taKENheart:

I had my hair thinned once and I hated it because I had fly aways constantly no matter what.  It would probably work for styled hair like yours but this was back when I had to wear a bun everyday.

Quoting Apollos82:

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Haha I remember you saying that! M'Lynn!
I'm pretty lazy about styling my hair.  I used to do it all the time when I was younger.

Quoting Apollos82:

That cut was cute, for about two days, until I washed it. I couldn't get it as flat as the stylist did, so it just looked like a brown football helmet! LOL

I'm growing it out again. I can't stand me with short hair. If I can't get it in a pony, I might as well shave it off, because I won't do anything with it.

Quoting taKENheart:
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM
It sounds like we have the same hair.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Apollos82:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I don't do well with people like that. 
I bet you are glad it's over!

Quoting bmw29:

You have no idea. She's also VERY bossy and likes to tell everyone exactly how they're living their lives the wrong way, playing with the dog the wrong way or anything else she can think of. I HATE HER FACE!

Quoting taKENheart:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I only stayed about an hour. My poor dad looked like he wanted to bitch slap her.

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't do well with people like that. 
I bet you are glad it's over!

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM
I don't take good care of my hair. What's a vinegar scrub
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM

A vinegar rinse ;) It's basically a mix of 1/4-1/2cup of vinegar or apple cider vinegar and 8-10oz of warm water.  People do it differently but I work it all over my hair then rinse with cool water.  It strips off all the products off of your hair that weight it down and make it look dull.
Then I shampoo and conditioner like normal.  You can do your own hot oil treatments at home too instead of buying those tubes :)

Do you mean you don't color it or cut it regularly?

Quoting little.worthen:

I don't take good care of my hair. What's a vinegar scrub

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)