Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When THEY call...update w/reason.

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 264 Total Views

you never know what to brace for...what you are going to get etc...
SIL called this morning before we got out of bed. DH didn't get out of bed to answer.  She left a message stating she wanted to talk to him about MIL but that it's nothing bad.  We never hear from SIL so I don't know what to think.
Well, this could mean
A) MIL needs money
B) MIL is sicker than we thought but is ok.
C) SIL wants MIL to live with us for awhile.
D) SIL simply wants to vent about MIL.
E) I have NO idea

Please let it be D! I don't mind a good venting ;)

I have a sister that when she calls I think my blood pressure rises from fear of the unknown reason that she is calling, LOL!
Do you have friends/family that cause this reaction in you when they call?

Update: MIL has pneumonia and is in the hospital. She'll be released by Wednesday and then she is going to the beach.

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apollos82
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Pretty much ANYONE calling me aside from my Mama will do this to me. I mean literally anyone and everyone. If I saw your number pop up, I would have anxiety! :-/ Sorry. I'm lame like that. I *hate* talking on the phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine?  I cause anxiety...I haz a sadz, lol!  I hate talking on the phone too.
I hate that feeling...my heart feels like it's going to pop out of my chest when certain people call.
I try to brace myself for the unknown drama but it doesn't help. 
I get all giddy for others though.

Quoting Apollos82:

Pretty much ANYONE calling me aside from my Mama will do this to me. I mean literally anyone and everyone. If I saw your number pop up, I would have anxiety! :-/ Sorry. I'm lame like that. I *hate* talking on the phone.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Okay...they are on the phone now.
Eeeks! LOL!

SuperWoman8
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I don't like the phone either! and yeah, I've got relatives that give me an anxiety attack and a half! come to think of it, one wants to see us soon........oh well! up side is I get to see my beautiful nieces! :)

Quoting taKENheart:

Mine?  I cause anxiety...I haz a sadz, lol!  I hate talking on the phone too.
I hate that feeling...my heart feels like it's going to pop out of my chest when certain people call.
I try to brace myself for the unknown drama but it doesn't help. 
I get all giddy for others though.

Quoting Apollos82:

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM
My sister never calls unless she wants something. She called last night because she wanted me to watch her kid for a week. :( Thank goodness Cameron has testing all week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaehawk
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM
My SIL and my sister are both pregnant and about to deliver..so right now just about any phone call puts me over the edge..lol!! I asked them both just to text me when they are on the way to the hospital! Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I thought it was just me and I was weird.  Phew!
The neices will make it worth it ;)

Quoting SuperWoman8:

I don't like the phone either! and yeah, I've got relatives that give me an anxiety attack and a half! come to think of it, one wants to see us soon........oh well! up side is I get to see my beautiful nieces! :)

Quoting taKENheart:
little.worthen
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM
2 moms liked this

when my mom calls or sends a text that says something like, "hey i really need to tell you something.. call me" it usually means that one of my other family members had some type of procedure that isnt really important enough for me to know, but she's really dramatic. Like, I will call her back and she'll say, "okay, so i dont want you to be worried and everything is fine, but i thought you should know that your sister went to the dentist today and she has a cavity."

seriously, she calls me for stuff like that..

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Yay for tests!  He can't be distracted :)
I love my nephews but it's hard to keep them for that long.

Quoting bmw29:

My sister never calls unless she wants something. She called last night because she wanted me to watch her kid for a week. :( Thank goodness Cameron has testing all week.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL so they don't call right now? Bwahahaha!

Quoting jaehawk:

My SIL and my sister are both pregnant and about to deliver..so right now just about any phone call puts me over the edge..lol!! I asked them both just to text me when they are on the way to the hospital! Haha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN