Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need motivation!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
I'm currently enrolled in a online school for medical transcription and editing program. I have completed only two modules as I don't have the "motivation" to make myself work on my studies. I'm working two jobs and own my own vending machine business. I have two kids that need my attention, a house that needs attention and I need sleep!!

My kids start back school in two days so I'm *hoping* I can get motivated to do mine :( I have legit excuses as to why I'm not studying but in actuality I need to force more out of myself!! (After I get my degree, I can quit both my now jobs and just work one in the field I'm studying. There are so many advances and pluses when I graduate)

Ladies, any suggestions??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I could come smack your tushy! LOL Or I could yell at you like a drill sgt! Bwahaha!

MoMofTWOkiddos
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM
LOL something has seriously got to give

The girls at work already think I put too much on myself.

Quoting taKENheart:

I could come smack your tushy! LOL Or I could yell at you like a drill sgt! Bwahaha!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you need to balance everything. You started the program you have to decide for yourself what its going to take to finish it. Personally speaking...all this talk of school has got me thinking I need to finish college. I want to set a good example for my boys. Bottom line is, it'll take a lot of hard work but you CAN do this and in the end you'll know you did it. Hope that helps. you rock hugs

MoMofTWOkiddos
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Both of my kids know and understand everything I'm putting myself through. They know I'm doing it for them and myself.

My husband told me today that he's going to "make" me sit at the laptop everyday for at least 2 hours just so I can get back into the school thing lol (maybe after the kids are fed, bathed and snuggled in the bed)

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Sounds like you need to balance everything. You started the program you have to decide for yourself what its going to take to finish it. Personally speaking...all this talk of school has got me thinking I need to finish college. I want to set a good example for my boys. Bottom line is, it'll take a lot of hard work but you CAN do this and in the end you'll know you did it. Hope that helps. you rock hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

You did put a lot on your shoulders.  Something will have to give but maybe it won't be as bad as you think.  A few dirty dishes in the sink won't harm anyone, lol! 

Quoting MoMofTWOkiddos:

LOL something has seriously got to give

The girls at work already think I put too much on myself.

Quoting taKENheart:

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a plan..just make sure you take time for yourself. If I go back to school I'll be going it alone. My family will be my support system but its ok.

Quoting MoMofTWOkiddos:

Both of my kids know and understand everything I'm putting myself through. They know I'm doing it for them and myself.

My husband told me today that he's going to "make" me sit at the laptop everyday for at least 2 hours just so I can get back into the school thing lol (maybe after the kids are fed, bathed and snuggled in the bed)

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

jaehawk
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM
As a fellow "take on too much and ask myself what the heck am I doing to myself" person..I am gonna tell you like I tell myself..do what you can today and do the same for everyday! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I can't help you  darlin.....I have no motivation in me at all.....anywhere, lol

I will let you know when it comes back to me.................

little.worthen
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM
I'm in that boat myself! When I figure it out, I'll let you know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN