Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tested positive and I'm scared! eta1

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 300 Total Views
I posted in MC already, but I took a pregnancy test a little but ago and it was positive. I'm scared out of my mind. Back story: I lost a pregnancy in March. It devastated me. After the D&C, I never had a period. They have me provera to help me menstruate, but it didn't work. I actually have am appt on the 20th to figure out why I wasn't ovulating. I guess I need to cancel that appt now. Okay, so I have no idea how far along I am, but the positive line was pretty dark. I took a test about a month our month and a half ago and it was negative. Now I have to wait up to three days to get labs to check hcg levels. I'm freaking out, because I don't know how far along I am and I'm terrified this pregnancy will end up like the last one. My stress level is stupid high right now. I just want labs done like, now, and then I'm sure they'll do an ultrasound to find out how far into the pregnancy I am.

Eta: I got a whopping two hours of sleep last night due to severe nausea. I called the Dr and got lucky. There was one opening with my pcm today.. Its at 1:20. I'm going to get something for the nausea, but she will most likely put the order for bloodwork in while I'm there.

Eta 2. I had to do bloodwork and urine. Both confirmed the pregnancy, and she gave me phenergan to help with nausea and sleep. That's what I was given when I was pregnant with dd until I was far along enough to be given Ambien. She put in for an ultrasound. I have to call tomorrow and schedule it. I hope it doesn't take forever to get it. I really need to know how far along I am because I was on meds that you're not supposed to take pregnant. That's all I have for now.
Eta. Ultrasound is August 30th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaehawk
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Awe! Hugs Mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:38 AM
*hugs* Try not to stress because stress does horrible things to your poor body. I'm going to be thinking good thoughts about you today. :) I hope everything turns out beautiful for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Big hugs and we'll all be thinking postive thoughts for you.  Try to relax and take it a day at a time...I know that is easier said than done.  We are here for you :)

mrsfred07
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Thank you! I'm trying not to stress out but I have anxiety. I think in going to take a nap to pass the time. Lol

Quoting bmw29:

*hugs* Try not to stress because stress does horrible things to your poor body. I'm going to be thinking good thoughts about you today. :) I hope everything turns out beautiful for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsfred07
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I appreciate that. I will keep this post updated as I find out information.

Quoting taKENheart:

Big hugs and we'll all be thinking postive thoughts for you.  Try to relax and take it a day at a time...I know that is easier said than done.  We are here for you :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I really hope everything turns out okay, keep us posted and know we're here for you! Congrats (=
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoMofTWOkiddos
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Congrats!! I hope everything continues to be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Praying for you and your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Aug. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM

What she said...and please...by all means KEEP US POSTED on your progress..congratulations!!!!!

Quoting taKENheart:

mrsfred07
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Will do! Hopefully I get called tomorrow (technically today I guess, since its just after midnight here) for the bloodwork. I'm going to have to call the dr anyway for zofran.I'm feeling nice and nauseous. Lol

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

What she said...and please...by all means KEEP US POSTED on your progress..congratulations!!!!!

Quoting taKENheart:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)