Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DMV trip

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 184 Total Views
1 mom liked this
That took way less time than I had planned. Usually a trip to the DMV for anything takes half the day. We went up to do a title transfer and it took less then 15 minutes. I guess we picked a good day to go. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Oh wow!  That was a quick trip! 
Ours is terrible and I don't understand why they can't fix it.  You don't even get your license there after you test...you go to a tag agency.  Weird.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:01 PM
We weren't at the testing place either. We were at the tag agency but you don't get your DL at the tag office. LOL DMV's everywhere suck!

Quoting taKENheart:

Ours is terrible and I don't understand why they can't fix it.  You don't even get your license there after you test...you go to a tag agency.  Weird.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracylynnr67
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM

A quick trip to the DMV is close to winning the lottery...LOL Here there are no short visits, TG we don't have to go very often.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I have never seen that place that empty. LOL I rarely have to go either but it's right in a strip mall so I drive past it often.

Quoting tracylynnr67:

A quick trip to the DMV is close to winning the lottery...LOL Here there are no short visits, TG we don't have to go very often.

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM
We always go to the one that's out of the way bc it end up bein so much faster and even with the extra drive time we are done and home before we would be with the one that's close lol ....glad it only took ya 15 mins...that place can be torture lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM

LOL I guess it's different everywhere.

Quoting bmw29:

We weren't at the testing place either. We were at the tag agency but you don't get your DL at the tag office. LOL DMV's everywhere suck!

Quoting taKENheart:

jaehawk
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for short DMV trips..ugh I HATE them :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

IN has totally changed the way things are done at the BMV.  Now, you can (and are urged) to renew your license and tags online.  This makes for shorter wait times when you do have to go in.  It really has been nice.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:42 PM
You can't renew your license online here but you can do your tags, registration and insurance online. For title transfers you still have to haul your ass in though.

Quoting offrdngal:

IN has totally changed the way things are done at the BMV.  Now, you can (and are urged) to renew your license and tags online.  This makes for shorter wait times when you do have to go in.  It really has been nice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM

We have to do the title transfers and new tags/license at the office, too.

Quoting bmw29:

You can't renew your license online here but you can do your tags, registration and insurance online. For title transfers you still have to haul your ass in though.

Quoting offrdngal:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)