Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IF A PERSON OWNS A PIECE OF LAND.............

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?

by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
VintageWife
by Pal on Aug. 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Good question. I know they own part of the way down because there is a mine here in town (who knew?) that my brother just started working for and he said they pay "rent" to a nearby farmer for having the mine underneath his land.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Are you referring to mineral rights?  We own our land but if there is any sign of oil then the person owning the mineral rights is allowed to set up on our property.

offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM

No one really "owns" any land in this country.  The taxes we pay on it are more like paying to lease the land.  If the gov't wants it...the gov't WILL take it.  So, no, you don't own it to the core of the earth.  LOL

Sassy762
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I have no idea....I googled these questions, lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Are you referring to mineral rights?  We own our land but if there is any sign of oil then the person owning the mineral rights is allowed to set up on our property.

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM

laughing I figured so.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting taKENheart:

Sassy762
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

This stuff it to deep for my little brain to think of it until I read the questions, lol

Quoting taKENheart:

laughing I figured so.

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting taKENheart:

PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM
From what my parents tell me, anybody can buy their mineral rights and they are sol if they want to drill or dig for stuff. You can also buy the air space over your property as well, according to them, but these days I don't listen to them very much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Someone owns mineral rights on our land and most people do not give it up ever, lol...at least not around here.
I've heard of air space but don't really know about that one :P

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

From what my parents tell me, anybody can buy their mineral rights and they are sol if they want to drill or dig for stuff. You can also buy the air space over your property as well, according to them, but these days I don't listen to them very much.

QueenBof6
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I saw this on the new episodes of Dallas.

Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)