Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5yo was threatened at school!!! Update!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM
  • 33 Replies
  • 575 Total Views
Poor Stone, my 5yo son, has a bully! This kid punched him in the eye on the first day, scratched him a few days later, and yesterday pulled his ear so hard that when he went to bed it was still red and swollen. This is only the end of the sencond week!!! Well last night after he went to bed and I talked more about it with Jon I emailed his teacher about my concern about all of it. Not to long after Jon and I head to bed and as I'm about to turn out the light there is Stone crying at our bedroom door. He said he had a bad dream and he wanted Daddy to tuck him back in. He ends up getting up 4 more times through the night. At 4am I sit him on our bed and ask him what he's scared of and he says "Robert said he was going to come burn our house down and squish out family." This kid has Stone terrified. I know he's 5yo and can't "squish" us but my 5yo thinks he can. I'm torn if this is just a kid with an overachieve imagination or a real problem child. Reporting this to their teacher could result in Robert being expelled from school for death threats to another student. I'm so torn here. What would you ladies do?

Update on comment 28 page 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Pal on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess Robert is getting expelled. Report it! You're post has me so angry right now. Ugh! My heart hurts for your little boy. Report Robert ASAP!!

How do you feel about self-defense?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
It would take all of my strength not to go scare the freaking bejesus out of that little five year old snot cake. GRRRRR Report his little ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Stone is so little. We've only recently gotten him to wait until something happens before he gets defensive. Before if a kid looked at him the wrong way he'd get angry and was ready to fight. I'm glad he's letting the teacher know and handle this, so far.

Quoting moosesmom:

I guess Robert is getting expelled. Report it! You're post has me so angry right now. Ugh! My heart hurts for your little boy. Report Robert ASAP!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tracylynnr67
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I would say the same thing...I guess Robert is going to get expelled. Report it. This child (Robert) obviously has a problem and if he doesn't get help soon he could be that teenager shooting up his school in 10 years.

(((To your son))) Poor little guy!

moosesmom
by Pal on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
This! Clearly it's wrong but if I could do it I would.

Quoting bmw29:

It would take all of my strength not to go scare the freaking bejesus out of that little five year old snot cake. GRRRRR Report his little ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM

One of my biggest fears about DS going to Kinder in a couple years is him getting bullied. People kept telling me it doesn't happen but here's the proof!

I'd demand the school does something about it and if they don't go to the Board. If that doesn't help I'd go to the media.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM
I've never denied that I'm a horrible person but I would tell your son to knock that little kid on his ass.

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Stone is so little. We've only recently gotten him to wait until something happens before he gets defensive. Before if a kid looked at him the wrong way he'd get angry and was ready to fight. I'm glad he's letting the teacher know and handle this, so far.

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Could you imagine me giving him what for and Bodie there staring him. Or I could let Jon do it, he looks a TON scarrier than me with all his piercings and tattoos!!

Quoting bmw29:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Pal on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:34 PM
That's great. Good for him for taking the appropriate steps. HOWEVER, the next time Robert touches our Stone tell him to...let loose ;-)

Heard from his teacher yet?

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkHairMAMA
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I'm sure they will do something. We've been at this school for two years and this is the first time we've had a problem. Cade my 7yo is the shy easy going one. Stone is the hard knocks one.

Quoting carterscutie85:

One of my biggest fears about DS going to Kinder in a couple years is him getting bullied. People kept telling me it doesn't happen but here's the proof!

I'd demand the school does something about it and if they don't go to the Board. If that doesn't help I'd go to the media.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)