Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My body has betrayed me! Grrrrr

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 142 Total Views
I spent the evening in the OB for Contractions--AGAIN.

I'm so pissed at my body, I could just spit nails!

This time, my body was reacting to my lame-butt bladder, which has a minor infection.

I started antibiotics tonight, and it should be cleared up in a few days.

Only thing is....I hate hate hate antibiotics. Passionately. They always mess me up sooooo badly. They throw my entire system off. :-/ And since I'm pregnant, I can't NOT take them because the things I normally do to cure a bladder infection aren't "safe" during pregnancy. :-/

And I'll probably get the yeastie-beasties now, and of course, my hippy cures aren't "safe" for pregnancy, either.

Grrrrr.....I feel so betrayed by my body. :(

*sigh* at least the contractions stopped. And of course, in true Skittles fashion, she was 1) Fine and healthy and 2) Showing off her gymnastics via the heart rate monitor...she wouldn't hold still the whole 3.5 hours I was there! :) She knows her mama would worry sick if she where quite during a scare like this, so she's just taking care of me. <3 That's my girl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sassy762
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I'm sorry you were back in the ER...that sucks. We need to have a talk with Samatha about early arrivals......not going to happen, lol

Mipsy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:36 AM
*hugs* that stinks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:48 AM
I hope you feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Aww mama I sorry....I had a uti that caused contractions too when I was 6months ...they gave me an antibiotic shot in the bum that hurt like the Dickens!!!! Holy crap....did they give you a head start with a shot or iv antibiotics? ....the "yeastie-beasties" made me giggle Haha never heard it called that....I for one have never had them, but my MIL gets them ....she told me to drink lots of water and eat lots of yogurt....so when I'm put on antibiotics I drink a lot lot lot of water and eat like 3yogurts a day....Idk if that's what keeps it at bay but my MIL swears by it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Tell her that she can't come out to play for Halloween ;)
LOL @Yeastie Beasties and hippy cures!
I'm just glad you are home and all is fine in Skittle world!

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Would it be safe to take an AC vinegar bath and then slather some EV coconut oil on your lady bits? That doesn't seem like it could hurt anything. Also apple juice has always helped me with bladder and kidney infections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to do the vi gear bath for sure--but I forgot about the Ev coconut oil. I even still have some!

Normally, for the infection itself, I do doubles doses of cranberry juice taken at night, no sweets or carbs of any kind, TONS of garlic and onions and citrusy stuff to change the pH in my bladder, and TONS of water. Oh, and vinegar rinses to keep things balanced. It works like a charm, but I can't fathom taking a risk that it won't work when it's not just me counting in it working.

Then for yeastie-beasties, I just do an herbal supplement candida cleanse, which is a huge no-no suing pregnancy. :-/

Quoting bmw29:

Would it be safe to take an AC vinegar bath and then slather some EV coconut oil on your lady bits? That doesn't seem like it could hurt anything. Also apple juice has always helped me with bladder and kidney infections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)