Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whew

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 115 Total Views
2 moms liked this
Well I just got done going through everyone's jackets and winter clothes that no longer fit or are never worn...packed them in a couple of boxes and we are off to take them to the homeless shelter (I washed them.first lol) it was nice seeing my girls so excited to give their things away to help other people :-) just like they do with their toys every year :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Sweet! That's a lovely thing to do!

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I enjoy it lol...since they were little I've also taken them to pick out a toy each for toys for tots...my MIL told me it was cruel and teasing them but I still did it my way :-) their rewards weren't toys but getting to know that another little kid who doesn't have a lot will now have a new toy for Christmas....

Quoting taKENheart:

Sweet! That's a lovely thing to do!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:18 PM

awesome sauce

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Apollos82
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Good!! I love when people start a heritage of giving. My mama did with me, always stopping to offer food or water to people, serving meals to homeless, etc... And now, my sister and I do, too! I want to teach Sam the same thing. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww that's so great!! I haven't taken them to feed at the actual shelters just to leave donations..but am thinking about doing that this year when they are out on breaks...we also save our shoe boxes throughout the year to fill for operation Christmas it doesn't take too much money if you buy here and there to fill up shoe boxes....I think its a great thing to pass on to our children....seems like its getting more rare :-(

Quoting Apollos82:

Good!! I love when people start a heritage of giving. My mama did with me, always stopping to offer food or water to people, serving meals to homeless, etc... And now, my sister and I do, too! I want to teach Sam the same thing. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM

How nice. That is great that you do this every year.

I need to go through my basement, I have literally tons  of baby clothes/baby furniture that I have collected through the numerous babies being born

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Haha i did that when my now 8yr old was 4 bc we weren't planning on anymore...so I gave all my stuff but a few things I kept for sentimental reasons and then I had to start all over with double! Lol

Quoting Sassy762:

How nice. That is great that you do this every year.

I need to go through my basement, I have literally tons  of baby clothes/baby furniture that I have collected through the numerous babies being born

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN