Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"OUR" little house-piog

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 87 Total Views

When my husband and I met, he had a crappy little house. Right before our wedding, we completely remodeled it. It was the cutest little house EVER when we were finished. Key word here "little". If we wanted any more than 1 child, we needed to move.

We moved right at the bottom of the hill from that little house, less than 1/4 mile away, after selling it to a retired priest. That as 19 years ago. We have so many memories in that little house.

Lots has happened in those 19 years. We had our 2nd son, the priest that bought our little house died and we also lost my dad.

The sister of the priest contacted us and asked if we would be interested in buying our little house back. Kind of threw us off a bit.

We went to see it. It is EXACTLY the same! Same paint, carpet, flooring, everything! It was amazing! The sister said that the priest never wanted to change a thing. Now, it's just 19 years older.

Well, we are moving my mom into our little house! We have our 1st little house back!! We are painting, getting new carpet and flooring, but it's still our little house.

When we originally remodeled it, my genius new husband covered my 1st pregnancy calendar with drywall! It's still in there, and I have since forgiven him. haha Oh, so many memories!

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Oh my goodness, I love it!  That is sooo awesome that you will have your little home back :)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this!

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Awww, I'm glad to heat he took such good care of it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Nov. 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Wow...that was nice...thanks for sharing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)