Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Countdown is ON!..UPDATE: FREEDOM, SWEET F R E E D O M!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok Family,

It's 11:48pm EST and the countdown is in FULL effect. At 9:30am EST I'll be in a court room in front of a judge finalizing my divorce. I'm ready for this part of my life to be over. I'm already moving on as is he..he's no longer part of my daily equation..my thoughts or the like...he doesn't get much brain time either...I'm working on getting me back...changed up my hair...even have a cute outfit picked out for court. LOL...Derrick and I are still friends..(stop smilin so hard Heather LOLOLOLOL)..and that's fine with me.

I feel freer than I have in a long time..have a slight case of nerves but it will pass. I want to take a moment and thank you all for the love, encouragement and words of support. You Ladies have NO idea how much its meant to me these last few months to know even though I can't "see" your faces I'm not alone.

Thank you.

Hugs & Love,

AJ

Will let you know how it goes when I get home. :)

*******************UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****************************

Family! Greetings!!

Its official! I'm S I N G L E!!!! The divorce was FINALIZED @ 10:57am!!!!! I can officially call him my EX-husband. I got to court checked in (after spending like 20 mins goin thru security WOW..) and waited...the judge said we'd be on the docket first but you know its court and stuff happens...she didn't appear until almost 10 and there were 2 cases ahead of us. 

The clerk called the judge in chambers and said in regards to my case that I was there but he wasn't. She asked the judge what she wanted to do, listened to the response and hung up. I wondered what would happen...so finally my case is called and right off the bat the FIRST thing the judge does is APOLOGIZE for the mistake she made back on sept 12th. She asked me if I'd been in contact with the ex...I said I had (remember I send him weekly updates) and he'd responded with "one last time...are you SURE you want to be divorced?" so he was WELL AWARE we were to appear in court.

Judge decides she wants to give him a bit more time so she says she'll give him another 15mins an re-call our case. So I sit and I wait...I sit and I wait. Finally I'm called back up...this time the Judge swore me in and asked me a bunch of questions...afterward she states that she finds I have just cause and that the legal requirement for the divorce has been met (in dc you have to be separated for 6 months before you can file for divorce) and that she hereby "enlarges your separation into an absolute divorce". She asked me about my right to appeal which I waived, and then she said I'd receive my final decree in a few days. She said the ex will receive his as well. She thanked me for being so patient and said I was done.

I held my composure til I got outside in the lobby..then I had a mini praise break. 

It's over, its DONE. I'm F R E E. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! I left the court house and what greeted me outside??? BLUE SKIES AND SUNSHINE! Can you believe it????? Now I just wait for the final decree to come in the mail. :D 

YAY!!!!!!!!!! As always thank you so much for the love and support!!!

Hugs & Love,

AJ (and yeah I JUST changed my FB status!!! LOLOLOL).. 

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (11-19):
MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Thank you!!!!!

Quoting moosesmom:

Much love and peace on your new journey! I wish nothing but the best for you and yours. It's a big step and the road can be challenging. But of course it's nothing you can't handle! Rock the new look and the new you!!!! 

group hug

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I'm glad it's finally over and you can move on, AJ!
Good things from here on out ;) May nothing but positive things happen for you and those babies ;)
<3

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Awww thank you! Guess what I got in the mail today????? MY FINAL DECREE!!!! It's really official NOW!!!!!

Quoting taKENheart:

I'm glad it's finally over and you can move on, AJ!
Good things from here on out ;) May nothing but positive things happen for you and those babies ;)
<3

b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Awesome sauce......congratulations on your freedom lol hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Thanks!

Quoting b.futlz:

b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Your very welcome.......I know how it feels to finally be free from a relationship you don't want to be in

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Thanks!

Quoting b.futlz:

MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Evening Family,

B..that's EXACTLY how I feel! It's WONDERFUL!!!!!

Quoting b.futlz:

Your very welcome.......I know how it feels to finally be free from a relationship you don't want to be in

Quoting MommyAJ2921:

Thanks!

Quoting b.futlz:

PinkHairMAMA
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I hate I've been behind but I'm so happy for you!! So glad things are final and there aren't any more hoops for ya. Rock it like its hot Mama!! Woo hooooo!!!
MommyAJ2921
by Acquaintance on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:47 PM

YEAH!!!!!!!

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

I hate I've been behind but I'm so happy for you!! So glad things are final and there aren't any more hoops for ya. Rock it like its hot Mama!! Woo hooooo!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)