Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm working on THANKSGIVINGDAY's menu.....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 223 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Are you cooking this year or being a guest at someone's home?

I think I have my menu all worked out but I always forget something.  It will just be the 4 of us but that's how I like it. 
So far:
Turkey/Ham
Mashed potatoes
Dressing (forgot to add this, lol)
Giblet gravy
Rolls
Green bean casserole
Sweet potato with marshmallows
pea salad and/or cucumber salad
cranberry sauce

Dessert is where it gets difficult to choose.
I think we will have Pecan pie and Peach cobbler (both requested).  I was going to have Pumpkin, Pecan and cheesecake.  I might still make a Pumpkin...not sure.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Mmmmm sounds good! I will be making dinner for about 15 people and desserts for more bc people pop in through out the evening for pie and coffee :-)

My menu is as follows:

Cranberry salad
Jellied cranberry sauce(requested)
Cornbread stuffing
Turkey
Mashed taters
Corn
Greenbean casserole
Gravy
Sweet taters casserole
Glorified rice
Yeast rolls
Honey butter

Desserts ( all homemade by me.:-))
2 lemon meringue pies
2pumpkin pies
2 cherry pies
2 Apple pies
2 pumkpin layered cheesecakes
1 coconut cream pie (requested by my great uncle)

The kids and I have a tradition of making all the pies,cranberry salad and glorified rice starting early on Wednesday morning :-) we always have so much fun doing it :-) o used to do that with my nana and mom so I've continued it :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
All I have to make is two deserts. We go to dh's family thing and then mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

This will be the first year since our very first Thanksgiving, that I'll be hosting. My cousin Rachel from SC, her husband and son are coming up and I am so excited I could puke!! My husband also invited one of his co-workers to join us because he is alone; literally, the man hasn't had a real Thanksgiving since 1998!!!

We're making a turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole with a crumble topping, butterbeans, glazed carrots, rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie and a birthday cake. My cousin's husband's birthday falls on Thanksgiving so the cake is for him.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I'll be looking over your menu because I know I'll forget something, lol!
Jamie posted her menu and I had forgot to put dressing/stuffing on mine...who forgets that? LOL!

That is going to be a nice Thanksgiving day meal for everyone ;)

Quoting Bethsunshine:

This will be the first year since our very first Thanksgiving, that I'll be hosting. My cousin Rachel from SC, her husband and son are coming up and I am so excited I could puke!! My husband also invited one of his co-workers to join us because he is alone; literally, the man hasn't had a real Thanksgiving since 1998!!!

We're making a turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole with a crumble topping, butterbeans, glazed carrots, rolls, homemade cranberry sauce, stuffing, pumpkin pie and a birthday cake. My cousin's husband's birthday falls on Thanksgiving so the cake is for him.

Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Quoting taKENheart:

I'll be looking over your menu because I know I'll forget something, lol!
Jamie posted her menu and I had forgot to put dressing/stuffing on mine...who forgets that? LOL!

That is going to be a nice Thanksgiving day meal for everyone ;)

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I'm not used to making such big meals. I'm going to do my baking on Wednesday ( pies, cake and sweet potato casserole) because I do NOT want to be in the kitchen all day on Thursday!! My husband said he will cook the turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce. He is also working like a madman to get our second bathroom that we're building in the basement, at least somewhat functional ( a toilet at least) before my cousin and her family arrive.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

moosesmom
by Pal on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I'm cooking for everyone plus my parents and a friend. All I've got is...

Baked macaroni and cheese.

Lol. I'm always putting things off until the last minute.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I am a guest at my boyfriend's Moms house. And where are the deviled eggs? I do not see these on your menu, They are a MUST! lol.

jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM
They are on my menu lol I didn't list them but they are part of the appetizers lol

Quoting raegan1221:

I am a guest at my boyfriend's Moms house. And where are the deviled eggs? I do not see these on your menu, They are a MUST! lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegan1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Lol. Okay, whew!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

They are on my menu lol I didn't list them but they are part of the appetizers lol

Quoting raegan1221:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha my hubby would not let that slide lol he loves deviled eggs lol

Quoting raegan1221:

Lol. Okay, whew!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Quoting raegan1221:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)