Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday, anyone?.....**edited***

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 277 Total Views
Are any of you lovely ladies planning on going shopping for black Friday? Any specific stores you like going to? What amazing deals have you seen out there?

If you aren't going shopping, what will you be doing the day after thanksgiving?

I have never been shopping for black Friday...last year, my friend and her dh got 2 items for me while they were out shopping though :-) our family tradition is to put up the tree and start decorating the day after thanksgiving...we play christmas music and wear our jammies all day while decorating....eat left overs and then that night we turn on the tree and sit and watch a holiday movie while sipping on hot cocoa and eating popcorn :-)

***update**** Omg...there are already people camping out at best buy here in my town!!!!!! Seriously!! What is wrong with people?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsfred07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I am. I'm going to Old Navy for clothes, dh wants to go to Walmart for some BluRay movies. I'm not looking forward to Walmart.. Last year I got shoved and had The Bucket List DVD jerked from my hands. But, while we were in line waiting for Old Navy, I was talking to the woman behind me about it. She had also been to Walmart, and had a copy of the Bucket List. She asked me if I wanted it. I gave her the $2 it was selling for, so I got the movie anyway! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope!! There is nothing on earth that I want or need badly enough to fight all those crazy people for!! We'll be spending time with my cousin and her husband and son on Friday. I cannot WAIT until they get here!!

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

Does your child have a learning disorder? Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118063/

taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Girl...you probably already pegged me for someone that won't be going, LOL!!!

I've never been and don't plan to ever, lol!
Your day sounds like mine used to be.  I didn't put up a tree last year and don't know if I will this year.

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I normally go but I don't know if I will this year. I'm kind of disappointed about it too. I just don't know if I'm up for it this year plus dh's bonus won't be in until December. LOL

ambermario4ever
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I am going to target for some new sheets since they will be like half price. But I am not getting up early to go. 

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Girl, you need to come back home and go to the one in SC. There isn't much of a crowd and everyone is super nice. Hell, I have never had anyone be anything but nice when I go even in town. Just go with me, maybe that's the trick. LOL I scare everyone around me into acting right.

Quoting mrsfred07:

I am. I'm going to Old Navy for clothes, dh wants to go to Walmart for some BluRay movies. I'm not looking forward to Walmart.. Last year I got shoved and had The Bucket List DVD jerked from my hands. But, while we were in line waiting for Old Navy, I was talking to the woman behind me about it. She had also been to Walmart, and had a copy of the Bucket List. She asked me if I wanted it. I gave her the $2 it was selling for, so I got the movie anyway! :)

mrsfred07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM
That was the one near Best Buy. Lol. I'm too afraid to do Black Friday around here, even if we were here for Thanksgiving. There are a few things we want to get at Walmart again this year, then David wants to go to Best Buy. I already found some ads online for their sales (theblackfriday.com if you want to look). They are going to have their ps3 controllers for $34.99, $20 less than their normal price. But, I read on the ad that they are giving out tickets 2 hours before opening, so we need to get one of those at 10. :/ Best Buy is crazy packed on Black Friday. I ordered the stuff I wanted from Old Navy today because they had everything 30% off, which put it right at the Friday ad price. Lol.

Did you go to the SC Walmart on black Friday last year?

Quoting bmw29:

Girl, you need to come back home and go to the one in SC. There isn't much of a crowd and everyone is super nice. Hell, I have never had anyone be anything but nice when I go even in town. Just go with me, maybe that's the trick. LOL I scare everyone around me into acting right.

Quoting mrsfred07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
donnadea
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I think your tradition sounds great.

I have done black friday shopping in years past, got some really great deals from time to time.

I am not going this year, I don't have any money to go.

donnadea
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

My oldest daughter went 2 yrs ago to walmart, it was before she moved out of state, she was trying to get $2 footed pajamas for her son. There were a bunch of ladies fighting over them. My daughter is small 4'8 and she snuck up under some of the ladies and snagged 2 pairs right before a couple of prego ladies with toddlers in their carts started fighting over the jammies. She hugged her 2 pairs of jammies to her chest and ran for the checkout and yelled mom lets get out of here lol

bmw29
by Spitfire_Bobbie on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I sure did and the year before that. LOL We go to SC for Wal-mart then over to phase 3 and hit old navy and Kohl's. After that we go to Target and Big lots. I'll probably go to the big lots in Belmont this year. It's new and I haven't been yet. LOL I would never set foot in any of the other 3 Walmarts on BF. I try to avoid them on the random weekday. LOL Last year SIL tried going to the one you went to but the parking was all the way down at Krispy Kream so she called me to see how bad SC was. I told her that I had parked in my normal up front parking hole. LOL

Quoting mrsfred07:

That was the one near Best Buy. Lol. I'm too afraid to do Black Friday around here, even if we were here for Thanksgiving. There are a few things we want to get at Walmart again this year, then David wants to go to Best Buy. I already found some ads online for their sales (theblackfriday.com if you want to look). They are going to have their ps3 controllers for $34.99, $20 less than their normal price. But, I read on the ad that they are giving out tickets 2 hours before opening, so we need to get one of those at 10. :/ Best Buy is crazy packed on Black Friday. I ordered the stuff I wanted from Old Navy today because they had everything 30% off, which put it right at the Friday ad price. Lol.

Did you go to the SC Walmart on black Friday last year?

Quoting bmw29:

Quoting mrsfred07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)