Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Black Friday, anyone?.....**edited***

Posted by   + Show Post
Are any of you lovely ladies planning on going shopping for black Friday? Any specific stores you like going to? What amazing deals have you seen out there?

If you aren't going shopping, what will you be doing the day after thanksgiving?

I have never been shopping for black Friday...last year, my friend and her dh got 2 items for me while they were out shopping though :-) our family tradition is to put up the tree and start decorating the day after thanksgiving...we play christmas music and wear our jammies all day while decorating....eat left overs and then that night we turn on the tree and sit and watch a holiday movie while sipping on hot cocoa and eating popcorn :-)

***update**** Omg...there are already people camping out at best buy here in my town!!!!!! Seriously!! What is wrong with people?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Replies (21-28):
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Thank you :-) the kids love it :-)

I could get some good christmas gifts but all the craziness is like eh lol

Quoting donnadea:

I think your tradition sounds great.

I have done black friday shopping in years past, got some really great deals from time to time.

I am not going this year, I don't have any money to go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Hahahaha that's a cute story!

Quoting donnadea:

My oldest daughter went 2 yrs ago to walmart, it was before she moved out of state, she was trying to get $2 footed pajamas for her son. There were a bunch of ladies fighting over them. My daughter is small 4'8 and she snuck up under some of the ladies and snagged 2 pairs right before a couple of prego ladies with toddlers in their carts started fighting over the jammies. She hugged her 2 pairs of jammies to her chest and ran for the checkout and yelled mom lets get out of here lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Awww that sounds fun :-) now that they are opening on thanksgiving, will you be going then or just waiting until Friday? Perhaps in a year or two I will take my oldest and do a day like that....we will see :-)

Quoting cjsix:

My girls and I (not the youngest,it would spoil Christmas...or the oldest,who's not interested and has to work anyway) but,my middle two girls and I have a blast going and doing our Christmas shopping together. We look through the ads and decide what we want and where we're going and then stop for coffee and on to the first place...Walmart,last year and this...then at some point we'll stop and eat breakfast  and then....more shopping! holding giftsWe have sooo much fun together!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Well that will make for a good day

Quoting b.futlz:

Probley not going any where lol but I fly home that day and I get to see my hubby man do I miss him so much

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamielynnef2
by Butterfly Mahi on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Yes!!! They have stuff set up and are sitting out there! They were there yesterday and camped out all night so they will be sure to get a ticket for whatever it is they want since best buy is giving out so many tickets per item

Quoting mrsfred07:

O.o they're already camping out?!?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Heatherly on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM

8pm wow! I guess all the earlybirds were in bed by then, lol!

Nobody seemed to care if it was up last year so I just didn't put it up.  I haven't asked anyone how they feel this year.  I don't know if I want to do it or not...we'll see.

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Hahaha I figured! I've never been shopping in the chaos...I've worked in the chaos and did go shopping one year but not until that evening when the crowds were gone lol and really the only places I went was circuit city and ulta at like 8pm lol

Why no tree?

Quoting taKENheart:
b.futlz
by Gamer Babe on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Yes it does

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Well that will make for a good day

Quoting b.futlz:

Probley not going any where lol but I fly home that day and I get to see my hubby man do I miss him so much

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Yes,we are going this year. I do however wish they hadn't decided to open so early but,our oldest has to be to work at 5:30pm so hubby and I will drop her off and then he'll drop me off at Walmart(so I can hopefully get an electric cart,as I can't shop without one) and then he'll bring the two girls around 7pm. That gives us enough time to check out where everything is at...plus ours gives out maps of the store for that day to help you find things easier. Hubby will stay(a first in a long time) and help me,then we'll drop the girls at the next store and I'll take him home and go back....and on from there..lol!

Quoting jamielynnef2:

Awww that sounds fun :-) now that they are opening on thanksgiving, will you be going then or just waiting until Friday? Perhaps in a year or two I will take my oldest and do a day like that....we will see :-)

Quoting cjsix:

My girls and I (not the youngest,it would spoil Christmas...or the oldest,who's not interested and has to work anyway) but,my middle two girls and I have a blast going and doing our Christmas shopping together. We look through the ads and decide what we want and where we're going and then stop for coffee and on to the first place...Walmart,last year and this...then at some point we'll stop and eat breakfast  and then....more shopping! holding giftsWe have sooo much fun together!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN